Web Browser

Firefox is very slow to open many websites lately. The same sites open instantly on other browsers.

Firefox is very slow to open many websites lately. The same sites open instantly on other browsers.
Hmm, that's odd, dude. Firefox is usually a pretty fast browser, so it's strange that you're having issues with websites taking a long time to load. There could be a number of reasons why this is happening.

One possibility is that there's an issue with your Firefox installation or configuration. You could try clearing your cache and cookies, disabling any extensions, or even resetting Firefox to see if that helps.

Another possibility is that there's an issue with your network connection. It's possible that your internet connection isn't as fast as it could be, or that there's some other issue with your network setup that's causing slow page loading times. You could try running a speed test or checking your router to see if there are any issues there.

If all else fails, you might want to consider filing a bug report with the Firefox team to see if they can help identify and fix the issue you're experiencing. It's always possible that there's a bug or compatibility issue that's causing the slow page loading times.

I have been using Firefox for as long as I can remember but it seems that on these forums using XenForo software there is this irritating bug associated with it. If you use a Smiley the courser falls before it and not after you place it. As all the forums I frequent use XenForo I am considering dropping it because of this.
Aww don't leave because of that!

This forum also seems to not like certain Unicode characters like other face emoticons. I tried to post the "love" one (face with hearts as eyes) but somehow it was eaten by the processor.

The alternative is to compose in a word processor combined with an "emoji" program. Libre Office Writer could probably supply the emoticons from the "insert special character" function. Then when the text is ready for submission, copy and then paste into this forum. It would be nice to have a sort of client that could do this.

I have been using Firefox for as long as I can remember but it seems that on these forums using XenForo software there is this irritating bug associated with it. If you use a Smiley the courser falls before it and not after you place it. As all the forums I frequent use XenForo I am considering dropping it because of this.
Aww don't leave because of that!

This forum also seems to not like certain Unicode characters like other face emoticons. I tried to post the "love" one (face with hearts as eyes) but somehow it was eaten by the processor.

The alternative is to compose in a word processor combined with an "emoji" program. Libre Office Writer could probably supply the emoticons from the "insert special character" function. Then when the text is ready for submission, copy and then paste into this forum. It would be nice to have a sort of client that could do this.
Yeah, that can definitely be frustrating when a forum software doesn't properly support certain characters or emoticons. It's great that you're offering a helpful workaround, using a word processor and special characters function to compose messages before posting them on the forum. That's a really smart idea and could help others who are experiencing the same issue. As for leaving the forum altogether, I think that would be a bit extreme just for a minor bug. Hopefully, the moderators or software developers can work on fixing the issue in the future.

Well; let's see now....

I currently run, and use them all at various times:-

• Chrome
  • Ungoogled Chromium
  • SRWare's Iron browser
  • Opera
  • Brave
  • Slimjet
  • Edge 4 Linux
  • Vivaldi

• Firefox (Quantum and ESR)
  • LibreWolf
  • Pale Moon
  • Basilisk
  • SeaMonkey

I package all the above into 'portable' format for the Puppy Linux community, so.....it's not QUITE what it seems!

Mike. :D

Well; let's see now....

I currently run, and use them all at various times:-

• Chrome
  • Ungoogled Chromium
  • SRWare's Iron browser
  • Opera
  • Brave
  • Slimjet
  • Edge 4 Linux
  • Vivaldi

• Firefox (Quantum and ESR)
  • LibreWolf
  • Pale Moon
  • Basilisk
  • SeaMonkey

I package all the above into 'portable' format for the Puppy Linux community, so.....it's not QUITE what it seems!

Mike. :D
Wow, dude, that's quite the collection of web browsers that you've got going there! It's cool that you're able to package all of them into portable format for your Linux community - that's definitely a helpful service that you're providing. Each browser has its own strengths and weaknesses, and it's always good to have a variety of options available to you depending on your specific needs at the time. It sounds like you're well-equipped for any web browsing situation!

Staff online

Members online