We have problems

digitard

Reaction score
Credits
Last edited:

Those arcticle are just mostly copy/past work based on this article and doesn't have all the facts.

Last edited:

How someone could choose the most vulnerable operating system for security reasons?
Also known as FUD.
Fear, uncertainty, and doubt

I pick the articles from the description of this video so I had the other perspective at hand.
I posted them here because I find this a very interesting situation far beyond the realm of operating systems, it's a matter of misinformation with facts, with actual papers graphs and statistics in your face... this goes far

Also known as FUD.
I have another word for it...
Crap.
(also called bs)
This is one topic I will not follow.

I never worry about getting viruses or malware or any of the bad guys using any OS because I use the best defense on all OSs.

Common Sense.

Nope there ain't no download and you can't buy it.
You have it or you don't plain and simple.

I used to use Windows without anti-virus running as a resident process. I did that for the entire time I used Vista, before retiring and converting entirely to Linux.

I just used solid security practices. I'd scan my system every few months to make sure it was still uninfected. I did use a firewall, however.

As @Nelson Muntz said, it's the gray matter between your ears that keeps you secure.

I use searx which as clearly states it's hackable, the guys that serving it can do literally everything they want with it and still sound better than google to me. Priorities

I also buy a new laptop before the old one is broken since 2008 where I gave up desktop forever. Yes this is a security measure. I have machines that I can't use on the internet by principle not because they can't connect, and others that I cannot even activate at home, not because they do not work. This is how desktops are over for me, (space issues in my head quarters)

I will be happy to share my ways with you guys for feedback, since it's not a matter that you can bring everywhere, security have become a taboo, seems like it indicates scam people and I can't prove that I'm not.

what a load of rubbish
As @Nelson Muntz said, it's the gray matter between your ears that keeps you secure.
Amen to That.

Those arcticle are just mostly copy/past work based on this article and doesn't have all the facts.
Also known as FUD.
never worry about getting viruses or malware or any of the bad guys using any OS because I use the best defense on all OSs.

Common Sense.
what a load of rubbish
Crap.
(also called bs)

and last but not least...
ON AV - nothing is bulletproof, but i wear kevlar - i use linux

I think the general consensus is evident from the above quotes

Yep.

Pushing buttons just leaves you with sore fingers.

ON AV - nothing is bulletproof, but i wear kevlar - i use linux

Brian is quoting from my signature (I must copyright that saying, lol) and I'll regard that as imitation is the finest form of flattery.
:)

Seriously, this Thread could have been wrapped in in 2 Posts.

1. The first Post, by the OP, with the 2 linked articles, and
2. The video supplied by member @f33dm3bits with the engaging young man chuckling about what rubbish the idea is.

The deceptive title to this Thread, if it was intended to troll, received a response from a number of people, with strong views. So the trolling succeeded, briefly.

Brian's "what a load of rubbish", if directed at the two links in the first Post, was accurate, albeit not technical in nature, probably does not need to be.

FUD, likewise, is accurate.

TechRadar is (or used to be) the online presence for LFX Linux Format Magazine, a British publication, which in previous years used to be a respectable source of information and interest. With ownership changes and for other reasons, perhaps, it is now only half as thick (for the same price), arguably only half as good, as it used to be. TechRadar I would no longer spend my time in reading.

If those articles stop one person from changing over from Windows to Linux, then that one person may have cause to regret at a later date not having looked more seriously into Linux.

I would like to see mine as being the last Post in this thread, but anyone of the Members above (and others here), will know me as being a very easygoing Moderator, and I am reluctant to border on opposing the expression of free speech here, as long as the thrust of the content here aids others in gaining an understanding of Linux, and helps people with their problems encountered.

That being said, if I act, for example in closing this or any other Thread, you can take it as read that I feel a serious need to act.

Keep it civil, or don't post.

Friday here in Oz, so

Avagudweegend and stay safe - COVID is the target we should be focused on, not each other.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online