we are checking your browser..

Happening to me in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (Linux version).

Someone should remind me to undo this once we know what's going on or when things go back to normal. I'm pretty forgetful!

Remember what?

Remember what?

To undo the sticky. I stickied this post and need to remember to undo that when the situation has changed and the thread is no longer relevant. I need to not forget that.

I was joshing with you David, Aussie sense of humour. I'll remind you, or do it myself and let you know.

I have just got stuck on the "Captcha" when logging in, using Firefox-ESR and Opera. The cause was my VPN being connected to Canada, reconnecting to an other (european) country solved it... :)
Cheers !

Yesterday the site was inaccessible for me for a while, and when it came back up I got the checking your browser message. May have been an attack on the site of some kind?

The following screenshot, deleted by Nelson, shows the issue. I have resurrected it, used Shutter to censor his IP address, and reissued it.

je5xfu9.png

SCREENSHOT 1 - CAPTCHA REQUIRED FOR LINUX.ORG

I have gone through a few of my Distros, using different browsers, and can report soon

I have HTTPS on so i haven't had the google bot [capture] showing on my screen

The site was down for a while 'yesterday, I couldn't connect at all. I don't know how long it was down for, but the browser checking kicked in after it came back up.

The following screenshot, deleted by Nelson, shows the issue. I have resurrected it, used Shutter to censor his IP address, and reissued it.

SCREENSHOT 1 - CAPTCHA REQUIRED FOR LINUX.ORG

I have gone through a few of my Distros, using different browsers, and can report soon
I'm also having this problem and if I'm not active for X minutes and I do a page refresh it also asks for the Captcha even though I don't logo out from Linux.org.

Last edited:
I am back to normal....:D

Who says ? :)

lol....whats normal ?

choke.jpeg

everything here is just tickety boo !

normal can be like that....sneaky little beggar

I just refreshed this page to see if any further replies.
Screenshot from 2021-06-06 18-59-20.png

2.png

security error occurred....That explains it.

Just notice it this morning get it with both Opera and Vivaldi. would like them to post and explanation of what they are checking for? :(

Latest posts