Wayland

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date
I have the best results with Wayland / Ubuntu 20.04.2 using desktops that are all Intel inside.

I ran Wayland and Ubuntu 20.04.2 on a desktop with an Nvidia graphics card and it worked reasonably but was quite quirky.
Wayland on Gnome? I tried Gnome 40, Wayland works flawlessly, but I couldn't get used to it; too much clicking, even for some trivial tasks such as navigating the app grid. Though, if you use a laptop, touchpad support is really nice. It looks to me Gnome depvs use touchscreens, and that's why their DE behaves the way it does; not very keyboard friendly.

I have no problems navigating Gnome got used to it in Debian Wheezy and also used Unity and ain't much difference imo.

I guess it's what you are used to using.

I can adapt to any DE or WM once I get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did try KDE Plasma with Sway but that didn't work. I switched back to X11 because it got annoying having to switch on and off between X11 and Wayland because screen-sharing with Microsoft Teams doesn't work on Wayland.

screen-sharing with Microsoft Teams doesn't work on Wayland.

It "sort of" works. You can share your main desktop window, but not each application
window individially.

It "sort of" works. You can share your main desktop window, but not each application
window individially.
Last time I tried it didn't work because I wasn't even able to select a monitor.

Last time I tried it didn't work because I wasn't even able to select a monitor.
window individially.
I decided to use Wayland again for a day and screen-sharing now works with Teams-for-Linux on Gnome. If I don't come across any other bugs while using Wayland for work and for personal things, I will probably be stick to it.

I decided to use Wayland again for a day and screen-sharing now works with Teams-for-Linux on Gnome. If I don't come across any other bugs while using Wayland for work and for personal things, I will probably be stick to it.

Still not 100%. But I noticed Mickey$oft discontinued the Teams client for Linux.
They want you to use the browser version now.

Still not 100%. But I noticed Mickey$oft discontinued the Teams client for Linux.
They want you to use the browser version now.
I don't use the official Teams client since that was discontinue but the unofficial one but I made a mistake in the link I shared, it's this one.

Members online