WATERFOX

I am currently stuck at ...

For icon, click the icon at left (possibly a rocket ship) and navigate via Browse into your new Waterfox folder. There, don’t choose the icons folder, choose

/browser/chrome/icons/default

and from there double-click or open

default64.png

....Found the 'rocket Ship (of course)....clicked it........am then lost....clicking on browse takes me to icons (mint x mint y etc high contrast etc

browsing to .waterfox, only gives me the 2 default profiles..

DUh....I found it.

Feedback...

B
Thanks, Chris

Having an annoying problem......
I have set waterfox as default browser.....a number of times....it keeps asking....and I keep saying yes....

When I click on a link in an email from linux.org (or anywhere else) instead of opening the appropriate page, it opens my home pages.....
I deleted my home pages, and allowed the default waterfox page etc and clicking the email link then opened the waterfox default page. !

in the panel it sometimes says,'verifying message'....and then 'blah blah (link address to linux.org) is not a valid feed ( google returns nothing but rss feed related stuff)

I disabled all addons...same result

home pages etc.png
default browser.png

And....

configure ??.png

Last edited:
Hhmmm, beer o'clock :)

I have set waterfox as default browser.....a number of times....it keeps asking....and I keep saying yes....

Aah, but did you uncheck the option to perform this check each time you start Waterfox?

Using the Waterfox Current option, I have had that nag on default browser on maybe 2 of maybe 20 or more Linux Distro environments, I have not looked into a solution.

The rest of your problem, I can't account for without further research.

You could try Waterfox Classic and see if the issue persists (unlikely, I feel). If you choose to do so, there are two main options to uninstall Waterfox. Don't be fooled by entering your Menu Editor and finding an option to uninstall, that will just unpin the launcher icon from Panel, if you are using it.

1. Use Timeshift to roll back

2. If Timeshift was not used, then there are at least 3 presences of Waterfox to be accounted for (this is fewer than with Firefox :))

a. If Waterfox is in folder /waterfox in your System Files

sudo rm -R /waterfox

b. 2 presences in your Home folder/partition, I will assume /home/brian

cd /home/brian (if not already there)

sudo rm -R ~/.waterfox

sudo rm -R ~/.cache/waterfox

Then download the Waterfox Classic tar and proceed as previously.

Wiz

Yes and no, Andy :)

Alien is clever enough to make a good fist of converting to a .deb for usage, which then brings it under the apt/apt-get umbrella handled with Synaptic Package Manager.

Waterfox-Synaptic.png

However, marking Complete Uninstall will delete the /waterfox folder that has been created, but the presence of .waterfox and .cache/waterfox in your Home folder remains to be cleaned up, and they must be, before installing another version/method of Waterfox or there will be conflict.

Cheers

Wizard

I got rid of the initial install via Timeshift.

All went swimmingly until I attempted to kick start it.....no go at all.

Enough for one day...walked 5 km today....time to give the diabetes the shove.

I have Timeshifted back to square one.

T. Tetraptera....Prekese
Chances of that growing/being available in the highland region of nsw australia, are beyond slm !

Thanks, Andy for that info. I will pursue that.

should be in Ghana 2 months also i got some via Amazon delivery UK