Want raspberry pi need help

OP
S

simple person

Reaction score
Credits
Sent a couple replies but they seem to have been bumped from the board. I checked preview and then "post reply" and then saw the final post, which was perfect. Now I just logged in and one post is missing with photo. I will try to attach photo 2 herewith
A55DC235-294E-4097-A31E-4054CABD6820.jpeg

OP
S

simple person

Reaction score
Credits
Can I use an old I pad I have as a display screen? How would I do this?
I can't seem to connect the screen I got.

update. Found information here

will see what I can do with that info.

whoops. Well, I could not understand the guy. But I will keep looking!
thanks all
simple

Last edited:

xXNORDXx

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
follow the shell command instructions that are in the decription under the product you ordered scroll down and you will see.

git clone https://github.com/yoyojacky/52pi.git
cd~/52Pi
chmod +xrestool.sh
./restool.sh

smooth_buddha

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I joined this forum a while back. Very helpful. I was taken step by step a to how to install Linux mint on a used laptop. It was a wonderful experience.

the laptop was used and the keyboard was not responsive, and my needs are very very few. I would like to purchase a raspberry pi 400 kit. I understand it is quite easy to put together.

I need this little bundle for : doing internet searches, sending and receiving e mail.
That's all.
I May use for writing simple document occasionally,
or to download a document received
by e mail.. but that's it..
ok yes, checking the weather.

for very very very basic and simple needs, do you think this would fill my bill?

I saw a kit and it included a keyboard. I have a wireless router, and I am assuming I could have wireless access point.

there were a couple extra items offered for the unit.
I think I will need and am considering purchasing with the basic kit
a micro SD a card 64 GB a class 10 blank
7" HDMI Display
male to female GO 10 ribbon cable??
5 ft Cat 6 Ethernet cable

can You please help me, someone. No rush but help so appreciated.
simple person
i just recently bought a pi400 and i absolutely love it. im using it as my main computer at the minute connected to tv through hdmi cable. its works great and is a lot of fun to tinker around with, ive messed it up a few times messing about with settings and its very easy to re install by wiping the sd card and starting over again, you even have the option of trying a different operating system other than rasbian. but so far for me raspbian runs the best. the manua that comes with it is a very good read too