kjm007

Reaction score
Credits
Mint Wallpaper.
Mint.Train.jpg

Nice :)

Thanks for making this thread @kjm007.

For the curious:

This thread is for desktop background images. This is not to be confused with screenshots of your desktop, this is for the images you used as the background on your desktop - or would use. It's for backgrounds you like, you made, etc...

Again, this is NOT for screenshots of your desktop.

You get the idea.

I'm going to sticky this for a few days to give it some attention.

I like scenic photos for desktops, especially mountain scenes. But my absolute favorite wallpapers are astronomy related... galaxies, nebulas, comets, solar and lunar eclipses, our moon and many of the planets in our solar system. Since it isn't practical to share the thousands of photos I've collected over the years, let me just steer you to my favorite source: Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD).

You can also browse through their full archive, going back to 16 June 1995. On most images, you can click on them and get a better resolution too.

Last edited:
Are these self made wallpapers or can I clone a wallpaper website and then dump them all here?

can I clone a wallpaper website and then dump them all here?

I suppose you *could*, but not that you probably *should*.

Let this be your guide:

This thread is for desktop background images. This is not to be confused with screenshots of your desktop, this is for the images you used as the background on your desktop - or would use. It's for backgrounds you like, you made, etc...

And 'reasonable'. Let 'reasonable' be your guide! Would a reasonable person clone a wallpaper site and post it all here? A reasonable person might link to their favorite wallpaper site, I suppose. :D

Are these self made wallpapers or can I clone a wallpaper website and then dump them all here?
Lol, I wish I had that kinda bandwidth, I'd setup a local repo for Wallhaven (I'm on an 80GB cap, no jokes).

I suppose you *could*, but not that you probably *should*.

Let this be your guide:

And 'reasonable'. Let 'reasonable' be your guide! Would a reasonable person clone a wallpaper site and post it all here? A reasonable person might link to their favorite wallpaper site, I suppose. :D
Anything that helps me up my total post count is reasonable ;)

Anything that helps me up my total post count is reasonable

Well, you do have a pretty high post count - and you help a ton of people. You often help with threads that take a couple of pages. You're well ahead of me, though I'm not sure where to find more complete statistics. If I had to guess, I'd guess that you have more posts than anyone else.

Which is Stan's way of saying The Wizard has the most posts. :)

Friday here in Oz, so

Avagudweegend, all.

Wiz

Which is Stan's way of saying The Wizard has the most posts. :)

Friday here in Oz, so

Avagudweegend, all.

Wiz
Keep in mind @wizardfromoz has a 2 year head start of me and I wasn't a regular member until a year after I originally signed up, but not that it's a race just sharing and helping the community members as best as we can :)
Well, you do have a pretty high post count - and you help a ton of people. You often help with threads that take a couple of pages. You're well ahead of me, though I'm not sure where to find more complete statistics. If I had to guess, I'd guess that you have more posts than anyone else.
I was just trying to point out that topics like this can be abused for upping your post count.

Last edited:
upping your post count.

I may have the wrong mindset, but that sounds like a (mostly) pointless exercise to me. Sure, there's bragging rights - but not so much if you didn't get there legitimately.

No need to guess.

Somehow, I had never found those stats. I'd sorta looked around, but I mostly expected to find them where you'd find them in SMF. Needless to say, they aren't there.