VLC for live cam?

V

Victor Leigh

I read somewhere that VLC can be used to feed a live video stream to a website. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Great :), let ask some question in the first place: How do you want you include the Stream in the Website? The next problem is: do you have enough bandwidth for it? When your Server is acting as a Stream, it's better when he have a multicast Address. Else you can reach very quick your bandwidth limit(When you server has something like this).

Here is a link, that will (hopefully) help you on this topic.

Great :), let ask some question in the first place: How do you want you include the Stream in the Website? The next problem is: do you have enough bandwidth for it? When your Server is acting as a Stream, it's better when he have a multicast Address. Else you can reach very quick your bandwidth limit(When you server has something like this).

Here is a link, that will (hopefully) help you on this topic.

Thank you for the link. I think I will first look into the question of uploading speed. Where I live, I can now get a load balancer for about 120usd. With this I can subscribe to two services and get a total of 10Mbps connection speed. Have to check the actual upload speed though.

Members online