Visual Studio Code debuging error

Pyton78

Reaction score
Credits
When I try to debug eny project I have error:

"The terminal process failed to launch: Path to shell executable "dotnet" is not a file or a symlink."

AnyOne now what's that's? How to fix that's?

I have install dotnet SDK and runtimes.

Ubuntu 22.04.
A

Hi, I believe you are experiencing the same VSCode bug that I have been experiencing. I just made a PR today to fix this:
Some people suggest that a workaround is to change the task type to "shell" instead of "process".

See:

The error message has changed since these posts were made in 2019, however, the issue should be the same. Hopefully the temporary fix works for you while we wait for the PR to be merged.

Hi, I believe you are experiencing the same VSCode bug that I have been experiencing. I just made a PR today to fix this:
Some people suggest that a workaround is to change the task type to "shell" instead of "process".

See:

The error message has changed since these posts were made in 2019, however, the issue should be the same. Hopefully the temporary fix works for you while we wait for the PR to be merged.
thenks for help, I see this solusion, but don't work.

Here are two other options:
  • Changing the "command" field in tasks.json from "dotnet" to the full path (e.g. "/usr/bin/dotnet")
Or
  • Starting vscode via a terminal in your project directory using "code ." (as long as you run this in a directory which doesn't contain a dotnet sub-directory)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts