viruses

I am looking for work currently, and I frequently scan for viruses and malware. PUA.JS.Xored and it's unpacked script buddies frequently manifest themselves in anywhere from 1 to 24 instances, and I delete all of them with some twisted sense of satisfaction. Yes. I do realize this means that I need to get a life...

It doesn't, however, appear to be a serious vulnerability.

The only reason OS X and Linux-based operating systems are usually not threatened by viruses is because they command so little of the market that it isn't worth developing viruses for them.
That's not true..... :/ You have Google, Facebook, NASA, CERN, Twitter..... Linux itSELF may or may not have the highest market share, but those are pretty big, high-value targets..... :)

mac linux? It's UNIX. Not linux.... Mac isn't linux. It's based on the same principles as Linux. Linux imitates unix, which was stated in the post before, unix is what mac OSX is based on as mentioned but there is no such thing as "mac linux". Linux is linux.....mac OSX is mac OSX.
I like your Profile Pic..... :3

Hi forum

As linux users we are told many times that we do not need virus protection

I use clam for virus detection and I have currently 4 threats in Quarantine

They are PUA.JS.Xored (3of) PUA.Script.packed.1 (1of)

Can anyone tell me what they are and if they are dangerous

Thankyou Sellyoak
Eh, AVG on Windows registered a Batch File with code from LOIC a Network Stress Tester, as a risk of some sort, but it couldn't be Executed, obviously, though AVG still detected it..... :) Pretty good for a Proprietary piece of Software..... :D Also, the same might be true of those files on YOUR system as well..... :) Though, I wouldn't worry about them anytime soon....... :D

Good point... Thank you. Linux isn't the small kid on the block quite so much any more. Then there's all of the Mi-Fis, access points, wireless itself, your phone (any one of them) much of which isn't Linux but If we're gonna leave it hanging out we'd best invite everyone. Network Security people aren't supposed to sleep or poop apparently... Fun times

Good point... Thank you. Linux isn't the small kid on the block quite so much any more. Then there's all of the Mi-Fis, access points, wireless itself, your phone (any one of them) much of which isn't Linux but If we're gonna leave it hanging out we'd best invite everyone. Network Security people aren't supposed to sleep or poop apparently... Fun times
You're funny..... Ha!..... XD Still, I wouldn't worry..... :) Ubuntu Forums only got Cracked because they never updated their stuff...... :)

Members online

Latest posts