VirtualBox Extension Pack Issue

Jsoundboy

Reaction score
Credits
Hey people of the Linux community,
I am hoping that someone can give me some guidance or point me to the relevant information with regards to me not being able to install the Extension Pack for Virtual Box.
I have tried removing Vbox and all Vms re Installing etc. but I just keep getting the error message below. I am very new to Linux and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have Linux mint. The file it's saying can not be found is physically there.

Any help would be welcomed

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Failed to load the main module ('/usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain.so'): VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK16RTCRestArrayBase9baseCloneEv.

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

ExtPackManagerWrap

Interface:

IExtPackManager {edba9d10-45d8-b440-1712-46ac0c9bc4c5}

Good stuff, jsoundboy !!....and thanks for posting the solution . That is sure to help others with the same problem

...AND...Welcome to Linux.org

I love it when they solve their own problems :)

Hang on, that would make me redundant.

Hhmm, wonder if I would get a financial package?

Enjoy your Linux @Jsoundboy and welcome.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hi there. First I'm apologize for my english ) Second I met some trouble in virtualbox 6.12 when I placed the Virtual Machines files in united with Windows disk E:/ (automatically mounted in Ubuntu) I have the some error. In the other hand when I copied VM files in /home directory - all is OK. The issue in there: tomorrow I can start my VM from E:/. Today - failed. I was newer change any permissions.

Hey people of the Linux community,
I am hoping that someone can give me some guidance or point me to the relevant information with regards to me not being able to install the Extension Pack for Virtual Box.
I have tried removing Vbox and all Vms re Installing etc. but I just keep getting the error message below. I am very new to Linux and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have Linux mint. The file it's saying can not be found is physically there.

Any help would be welcomed

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Failed to load the main module ('/usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain.so'): VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK16RTCRestArrayBase9baseCloneEv.

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

ExtPackManagerWrap

Interface:

IExtPackManager {edba9d10-45d8-b440-1712-46ac0c9bc4c5}

Hi,

I have a Mac for Running VM, I can give it a go for you and see if I can see any problems if you like?

Ok, I solved it. Windows went hybernation instead power off. I'm apply $ powercfg -h off and all were ok!

Members online