Virtual Box

70 Tango Charlie

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,
I seem to be having trouble installing Virtual Box on my Linux Mint 19.3 OS. I've attached the INXI screenshot.

INXI.png

The download goes fine, but when I go to install it, I get the message about "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libc6 (>=2.28)"
I have read about the different install procedures but cannot figure it out.
I do thank you in advance.
Old Geezer
TC

Hi all,
I seem to be having trouble installing Virtual Box on my Linux Mint 19.3 OS. I've attached the INXI screenshot.

View attachment 5884

The download goes fine, but when I go to install it, I get the message about "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libc6 (>=2.28)"
I have read about the different install procedures but cannot figure it out.
I do thank you in advance.
Old Geezer
TC
are you trying to install latest version of virtual box 6.1???? i too cannot install version 6.1

Im also running mint and for some reason im only able to run Version 5.2.34_Ubuntu r133883
and it also will not let me install the expansion pack.
THe software manager does let me go past the 5.2 that it suggests.

try installing 5.2 see if that works.

Greetings HaxNet and welcome,
Yes I did. The screenshot result is attached.

Screenshot_2020-04-01_16-55-06.png

OGTC

are you trying to install latest version of virtual box 6.1???? i too cannot install version 6.1

Im also running mint and for some reason im only able to run Version 5.2.34_Ubuntu r133883
and it also will not let me install the expansion pack.
THe software manager does let me go past the 5.2 that it suggests.

try installing 5.2 see if that works.

Thanks you ole smoothie!
I'll give that a try.
OGTC

Thanks you ole smoothie!
I'll give that a try.
OGTC

im not sure what the issue is but i only recently discovered this issue a few days ago when i purchased a wireless adapter for my laptop which is usb. The expansion pack is reqiured in virtual box and i tried install it and it failed. so then i tried update virtual box and that was when i discovered i was running version 5.2 and not the latest 6.1.

This is a bit of an issue for me because i use virtual box a lot, im guessing the latest version doesnt work in mint for some reason

SOLVED!
Greetings once again everyone,
My problem has been solved by our friend the ole smoothie buddha,
Thanks smoothie, VB 5.2 is the answer.
OG
TC

SOLVED!
Greetings once again everyone,
My problem has been solved by our friend the ole smoothie buddha,
Thanks smoothie, VB 5.2 is the answer.
OG
TC
glad to help my friend! you may find that although 5.2 version works, you may not be able to install the expansion add-on which enables usb. but if you dont need it its nothing to worry about