Via ChromotionHD 2.0 driver

Serg012

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I'd like to make dual monitor configuration working on Igel M330c with Debian 10.

I've tried to install xserver-xorg-video-openchrome package. That fixed only resolution, but after connecting second monitor, I've got "Input not supported" on both monitors. I also compiled xf86-video-openchrome from freedesktop.org GIT repo, but it didn't help much.

I've found also properitary driver from VIA (5.76.52.92), but I weren't able to install (compile) that driver, it crashed in TTM/DRM install phase. Error message said that it can't find the /lib/modules/4.19.0-17-amd64/build/ folder.

I can get into Igel OS 10's local terminal as root (it seems like it is derived from Xenial 16.04 distro, with kernel version 4.19.65). It uses that properitary driver and dual monitor configuration works well on that OS.
Is there any chance I could copy from there used graphics driver into Debian 10? In which directory are the drivers stored in linux? And I suppose I'll have to copy some xorg.conf files too, right?

Members online

Latest posts