Very new to Linux

Im confused, when Im trying to reinstall it says its already there.. but cant find wifi...
1677002609546.png

Power cuts and surges make computers do strange things,
If it's on your desktop, try.. Pull the USB Wi-Fi from the machine, wait 20 seconds and put it back, it may sort itself out,
if it's on a laptop, check that hard block has not been invoked [flight mode switched on]
unfortunately does not work like that...

not sure how this should help. I tried restart router it didnt help. funny but even ChatGPT wont give me the right answers...
1677010548352.png

Did your kernel get an upgrade? if so your - make dkms_install - may no longer be there since it was installed to that specific kernel because inxi -N is not showing your rtl8812au - dkms usually generate Linux kernel modules whose sources generally reside outside the kernel source tree. The concept is to have DKMS modules automatically rebuilt when a new kernel is installed.
But sometimes this does not happen - why - there is probably a thousand different reasons as to why

If that is the case you will just have to rebuild it again

Also on your image it is showing - that your Ethernet is connected
Screenshot from 2023-02-21 16-30-09.png

from the routing perspective, while possible, it is not ideal to have addresses from the same network in different interfaces.
Routing expects a different network per interface, and ultimately one of them will take precedence over the other in routing, since they overlap. This may be why your WiFi is not working - The solution I know is having more than one interface connected to the same network is to aggregate them together in a bridge interface

Did your kernel get an upgrade? if so your - make dkms_install - may no longer be there since it was installed to that specific kernel because inxi -N is not showing your rtl8812au - dkms usually generate Linux kernel modules whose sources generally reside outside the kernel source tree. The concept is to have DKMS modules automatically rebuilt when a new kernel is installed.
But sometimes this does not happen - why - there is probably a thousand different reasons as to why

If that is the case you will just have to rebuild it again

Also on your image it is showing - that your Ethernet is connected
View attachment 15075
from the routing perspective, while possible, it is not ideal to have addresses from the same network in different interfaces.
Routing expects a different network per interface, and ultimately one of them will take precedence over the other in routing, since they overlap. This may be why your WiFi is not working - The solution I know is having more than one interface connected to the same network is to aggregate them together in a bridge interface
tbh I dont know about kernel upgrade. but I have this error message when I hit dkms_install.

1677022201796.png

so how may I rebuild dkms module?

Regarding "Ethernet is connected" I connected my OnePlus to share internet via USB.)))

Has this worked for you as expected?

I will have to give a try.

Members online