Vertical Mouse

ciresmis

Reaction score
Credits
Hello Everyone,
New Linux guy here. Made the switch about a month ago. I am running Mint 19.1. I had expected changes to my computer world, but the list seems to get longer everyday. I waited as long as I could from making the switch from Windows 7, but here I am ready to make this work.

First things first, I use a vertical mouse, and the buttons are totally screwed up. We use Windows 10 at work, so my old habits are not converging with the new ones. My right click no longer brings up a dialog box with choices of action. When surfing on Firefox, it actually closes the window. Thank God for the history of closed tabs.

Is there any chance I can get the functionality of this mouse back? The company, linked above, does not have a Linux version driver, and I have not had any luck getting the mouse adjusted.

Thanks for the help.
Eric

I believe you can change what the left or right mouse button does my going to the Menu, then to Preferences and finally onto Mouse and Trackpad on Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Thanks Jared. I checked this out, and it allows you to change from right-handed to left-handed and some other properties, but I don't see any place to change other characteristics of the buttons.

The Evoluent Mouse Manager is used under windows for this mouse, looks like it doesn't have Linux support , but you can try this.

Last edited:
At the mouse maker's website, there is a Support tab. When you go to that page, about a 1/3 of the way down there is a link to some suggestions about how to get the other buttons to work.

Members online

Latest posts