verifying pool data

N

noman

Does anyone have any information on 'verifing pool data'
I installed mint onto a new hhd and when i try to boot this is what i see.
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
This is a new desktop that has not had anyother operating systen on it before

Google gives a number of possibilities....

1. Be sure nothing is plugged into any USB slot when booting.

2. Be sure you used 64-bit Linux Mint (not 32-bit) if your system is UEFI. You may also need to setup a biosgrub partition if manually partitioning.

3. Check BIOS/UEFI settings for hard drive and boot order (make hdd first).

4. Check internal cables... that new hdd is drive 0.

5. Check jumpers on new hdd... set as single drive, or master if more than one drive. If more than one, check other drive jumpers too.

6. Flash new BIOS update if available

... and maybe more options too.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help.
I have Seagate SATA Hard drives which do not need any jumpers so there is not master slave relationship.
I put in a new mother board and cables, and I have the same results.

I went Googling again, and it still seems that everything related to this error is about BIOS/UEFI settings and/or cabling issues (since you don't have jumpers).

You say "drives" (and "cables") in the plural... you have two, or more? I would suggest disconnecting any drive except the boot drive with Mint installed (and possibly reinstalling Mint on it from scratch). Be sure you are cabled into SATA0 (zero), not SATA1. If you have BIOS/UEFI options that show IDE or SATA, be sure you have selected SATA.

If you have any type of RAID settings in BIOS/UEFI, turn them off. Do not try to set up a RAID array just yet.

Repeating from my first reply, if you have UEFI, you need 64-bit Mint to properly setup the boot partition. The 32-bit version of Mint might work if you disable UEFI, but it might not... and it will NOT work if you are using UEFI boot mode. Because you describe this as a new system or new motherboard, I'm guessing it is UEFI. You did not comment whether you used the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Mint, but this is important.

Your hard drive is problably not defective. This really looks like a configuration problem... at the firmware (BIOS/UEFI) and hardware (SATA) level. This is not a Linux problem itself.

Awesome just Awesome!
I have been wrestling with this for over 2 months. I did not believe that it was anything to do with Linux, but I have not found anyone that could tell me what I needed to do.
I am saving this info so that I can pass it on to anyone who needs this help in the future.

Sounds like you found the issue... great! Which one did it turn out to be?

Thanks again. i had my usb for my mouse and keyboard plugged in, switched to a wired for each. I had a raid setup and i did not have the ueif set up. After i made those changes it worked just perfectly.
Now i have to findthe drivers for my epsonprinter and i am off to the races(so to speak).

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help steer you in the right direction, and I'm glad you got it working properly.

I saw that @arochester also steered you in the right direction to get your printer working. Printers can often be a little tricky, so read/follow the directions carefully that Epson provided. With Linux Mint you will need the .deb package(s).

Cheers!

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help steer you in the right direction, and I'm glad you got it working properly.

I saw that @arochester also steered you in the right direction to get your printer working. Printers can often be a little tricky, so read/follow the directions carefully that Epson provided. With Linux Mint you will need the .deb package(s).

Cheers!
Nicely done OM!:):):D:D

Members online

Latest posts