Vban Emitter

JensDL

Reaction score
Credits
I want to transmit all the audio that usually comes through the speakers to Vban. Every time I try the Vban emitter, I only get the microphone output. The command I tried is: "vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p 6980 -s Laptop_Audio -d speakers" I tried this with multiple devices from the list provided by "arecord -l".

Vban Emitter expects device names as given by
Code:
arecord -L
which would give you something like "front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0" that is what you need to put in for -d=Device Name not speakers - speakers is not the device but an attachment to the device

also vban_receptor expects device names as given by
Code:
aplay -L
, which will give you an output similar to "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

so it should look something like -
vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p6980 -sStream -dfront:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

if you have pulseaudio you can - vban_emitter -i 192.168.1.1 -p6980 -sStream -bpulseaudio -r41000
it will create a recording stream and register to the pulseaudio server.

have a look here for more troubleshooting - https://github.com/quiniouben/vban/issues

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried The command you provided but i got a couple of errors and I couldn't find them on the issue page of Vban. Maby something i installed wrong?

sudo vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p6980 -s Laptop_audio -d front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 vban_emitter version 2.1.0 Error: alsa_read: short read (expected 256, wrote 128) Error: alsa_read: snd_pcm_writei failed: Broken pipe ALSA lib pcm.c:8545:(snd_pcm_recover) overrun occurred Error: main: packet prepared is invalid

I don't really see a solution on the Stack Overflow you added. I found this one: link, but I don't understand what to do to fix this issue? But I can see on my Windows pc that it is detection an incoming stream. Can it be because my network Quality isn't the best that the pipe terminate?

Staff online

Members online