Vban Emitter

JensDL

Reaction score
Credits
I want to transmit all the audio that usually comes through the speakers to Vban. Every time I try the Vban emitter, I only get the microphone output. The command I tried is: "vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p 6980 -s Laptop_Audio -d speakers" I tried this with multiple devices from the list provided by "arecord -l".

Vban Emitter expects device names as given by
Code:
arecord -L
which would give you something like "front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0" that is what you need to put in for -d=Device Name not speakers - speakers is not the device but an attachment to the device

also vban_receptor expects device names as given by
Code:
aplay -L
, which will give you an output similar to "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

so it should look something like -
vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p6980 -sStream -dfront:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

if you have pulseaudio you can - vban_emitter -i 192.168.1.1 -p6980 -sStream -bpulseaudio -r41000
it will create a recording stream and register to the pulseaudio server.

have a look here for more troubleshooting - https://github.com/quiniouben/vban/issues

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried The command you provided but i got a couple of errors and I couldn't find them on the issue page of Vban. Maby something i installed wrong?

sudo vban_emitter -i 192.168.0.241 -p6980 -s Laptop_audio -d front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 vban_emitter version 2.1.0 Error: alsa_read: short read (expected 256, wrote 128) Error: alsa_read: snd_pcm_writei failed: Broken pipe ALSA lib pcm.c:8545:(snd_pcm_recover) overrun occurred Error: main: packet prepared is invalid

I don't really see a solution on the Stack Overflow you added. I found this one: link, but I don't understand what to do to fix this issue? But I can see on my Windows pc that it is detection an incoming stream. Can it be because my network Quality isn't the best that the pipe terminate?

Members online