using old HDD as external drive with windows on linux OS

jglen490

Credits
KDE is not the memory hog that it used to be.

Ivaylo

Credits
KDE is not the memory hog that it used to be.
Thank you to let me know. But I can't find out why Firefox is so slow and CPU and the RAM are loaded I was looking on internet for problem like that and all was form 2018 nothing new. That's mean probably I'm the only person that have this problem lol

Alexzee

Credits
Last edited:

Ivaylo

Credits
Have you done an update since your fresh installation of Ubuntu?
Updates fix stuff-:)

Maybe this will help with your FF being slow.

Hope that helps.
Thank you, definitely is up to date just for example, when I open Facebook and start scrolling down looking for old post let's say and the CPU going mad I know is old 2 core only but shouldn't do that. I never have this problem before and with Opera works just fine a bit better. Just Opera is not that smooth like FF Chrome. In the beginning I was paranoid someone is spying on me, but after putting Opera start working a bit better. If the work getting bad again even with Opera that's should mean I have problem with hacker, hope not

Attachments

Alexzee

Credits
Thank you, definitely is up to date just for example, when I open Facebook and start scrolling down looking for old post let's say and the CPU going mad I know is old 2 core only but shouldn't do that. I never have this problem before and with Opera works just fine a bit better. Just Opera is not that smooth like FF Chrome. In the beginning I was paranoid someone is spying on me, but after putting Opera start working a bit better. If the work getting bad again even with Opera that's should mean I have problem with hacker, hope not
If your pc was taken over by a hacker you would know it.
They would be able to take control over the mouse and etc.

Your FF is up-to-date- so that looks good.

How old is your pc?

TNFrank

Credits
I got my start with Linux with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS just to show how long I've been using a Linux OS. I moved around a lot until I found my "Sweet Spot" with Debian 10 or my current system, MX 19.2 KDE which is based on Debian 10. Debian, as stated, is Rock Solid and that's why the International Space Station runs it. I think you've made a good choice starting with Ubuntu since it has a good, user friendly community but when you want to move on from it give Debian/Debian based Distros a try.

Ivaylo

Credits
I got my start with Linux with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS just to show how long I've been using a Linux OS. I moved around a lot until I found my "Sweet Spot" with Debian 10 or my current system, MX 19.2 KDE which is based on Debian 10. Debian, as stated, is Rock Solid and that's why the International Space Station runs it. I think you've made a good choice starting with Ubuntu since it has a good, user friendly community but when you want to move on from it give Debian/Debian based Distros a try.
I will try Debian one day but will like first to get more knowledge form Ubuntu, because I can see that the Debian is for guys with more experience and I don't class my self as one but will give try to see how it will be working for me. Thank you

Members online