--using linux server for trading--

thacollin2

Reaction score
Credits
i've recently noticed the trend in people using Linux as a trading server and I think I understand why. i am a system administrator and Linux is very easy and reliable to administrate. i recently found out about the fact that you can use Linux as a trading server to setup your trading systems and framework using your brokers A.P.I but the problem is I am finding very few resources about this online, its like its hidden. where can I possibly start? does linux have trading/ finance services or packages?.your help and replies would be much appreciated!! even if you can lead in the read direction to search for answers.. thank you once again!

thanks!

Never heard of any trading software but with just with a quick search I came across these:
I'm sure there are more if you do a more detailed search.

Last edited:
You don't have to have a specific system in order to trade in the stock market. You can trade even from your phone. But the most important thing in stock trading, no matter what platform you do it on, the most important thing is to have a reliable broker. On such an occasion, I can recommend the guys from the brokerage company cmc. I have been working with them for a year now and I have never had any problems with them. For more information I advise to read cmc markets review on topbrokers website, which also reviews of different users.

Last edited:
If you're talking about setting up software that already exists, try looking at Interactive Brokers.

If you're wanting to write something yourself, your broker might have documentation for their API. I know TDAmeritrade did, but I don't know if that has changed since they were acquired by Charles Schwab. Interactive Brokers might be a good one to look in to again for this. I think they're known for catering to this sort of thing.

Staff online