Using computer as headset for cellphone via bluetooth

K

kotterr

I want to use my computer as a "headset" for my cellphone, allowing me to make phone calls using the microphone and headphones connected to the computer and the cellular signal connection of my cellphone. The cellphone obviously has bluetooth and I have a bluetooth USB adapter for the computer. I thought HFP would be a good tool for this. I installed all (I think) required software packages to make it compatible and go through ./configure. When I type make, I get this error:

Code:
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mister/trunk'
Making all in libhfp
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mister/trunk/libhfp'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -include config.h  -Wshadow -fno-exceptions -g  -Wall -MT bt.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bt.Tpo -c -o bt.o bt.cpp
In file included from bt.cpp:48:0:
../include/libhfp/bt.h: In member function ‘void libhfp::BtDevice::DisconnectAll()’:
../include/libhfp/bt.h:1081:50: warning: converting ‘false’ to pointer type for argument 1 of ‘void libhfp::BtDevice::__DisconnectAll(libhfp::ErrorInfo*)’ [-Wconversion-null]
bt.cpp: In static member function ‘static int libhfp::SdpAsyncTaskHandler::SdpLookupChannel(libhfp::SdpTaskParams&)’:
bt.cpp:81:20: error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
bt.cpp: In member function ‘bool libhfp::BtHub::Start(libhfp::ErrorInfo*)’:
bt.cpp:1226:22: error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
bt.cpp:1226:34: error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
In file included from ../include/libhfp/bt.h:31:0,
  from bt.cpp:48:
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::operator()(TA1) [with TA1 = libhfp::SdpTask*]’:
bt.cpp:219:25:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: error: ‘Invoke’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::SdpTask*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: note: use ‘this->Invoke’ instead
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1, TA2>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1, TA2)) [with TargT = libhfp::SdpAsyncTaskHandler; TA1 = libhfp::SocketNotifier*; TA2 = int]’:
bt.cpp:349:27:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:853:3: error: ‘RegisterDirect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:853:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::SocketNotifier*, int, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h:853:3: note: use ‘this->RegisterDirect’ instead
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::operator()(TA1) [with TA1 = libhfp::HciTask*]’:
bt.cpp:687:25:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: error: ‘Invoke’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::HciTask*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtHci; TA1 = libhfp::TimerNotifier*]’:
bt.cpp:894:48:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: error: ‘RegisterDirect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::TimerNotifier*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: note: use ‘this->RegisterDirect’ instead
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1, TA2>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1, TA2)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtHci; TA1 = libhfp::SocketNotifier*; TA2 = int]’:
bt.cpp:895:51:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:853:3: error: ‘RegisterDirect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:853:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::SocketNotifier*, int, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtHub; TA1 = libhfp::TimerNotifier*]’:
bt.cpp:1142:41:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: error: ‘RegisterDirect’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::TimerNotifier*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1, TA2>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1, TA2)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtHub; TA1 = libhfp::SocketNotifier*; TA2 = int]’:
bt.cpp:1254:53:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::operator()(TA1) [with TA1 = libhfp::ErrorInfo*]’:
bt.cpp:1415:30:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::ErrorInfo*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1, TA2>::operator()(TA1, TA2) [with TA1 = libhfp::BtDevice*; TA2 = libhfp::ErrorInfo*]’:
bt.cpp:1447:27:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:859:4: error: ‘Invoke’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:859:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::BtDevice*, libhfp::ErrorInfo*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h:859:4: note: use ‘this->Invoke’ instead
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtHub; TA1 = libhfp::HciTask*]’:
bt.cpp:1506:58:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::HciTask*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::operator()(TA1) [with TA1 = libhfp::BtManaged*]’:
bt.cpp:1705:31:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:816:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::BtManaged*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1>::Register(TargT*, void (TargT::*)(TA1)) [with TargT = libhfp::BtDevice; TA1 = libhfp::HciTask*]’:
bt.cpp:1784:65:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:810:3: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::HciTask*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h: In instantiation of ‘void libhfp::Callback<void, TA1, TA2, TA3>::operator()(TA1, TA2, TA3) [with TA1 = libhfp::BtDevice*; TA2 = const char*; TA3 = libhfp::ErrorInfo*]’:
bt.cpp:1813:48:  required from here
../include/libhfp/events.h:903:4: error: ‘Invoke’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../include/libhfp/events.h:903:4: note: declarations in dependent base ‘libhfp::CallbackAdapter<void, libhfp::ArgSet<libhfp::BtDevice*, const char*, libhfp::ErrorInfo*, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil, libhfp::Nil> >’ are not found by unqualified lookup
../include/libhfp/events.h:903:4: note: use ‘this->Invoke’ instead
make[2]: *** [bt.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mister/trunk/libhfp'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mister/trunk'
make: *** [all] Error 2

How do I install this program? Failing that, what is a working alternative?

I use Linux Mint on an IBM T60.

Latest posts