Use of Linux logo

D

deepali

I am professor teaching linux. I am organizing a 2 days workshop on Linux for Btech MCA students. Explaining all aspects of Linux and open source. Can I use linux logo on the certificate i am providing to the the participants.

Tux? Wikipedia:
Tux was originally designed as a submission for a Linux logo contest. Three such competitions took place; Tux won none of them. This is why Tux is formally known as the Linux mascot and not the logo.[6] Tux was created[7] by Larry Ewing using the first publicly released[8] version (0.54) of GIMP, a free software graphics package. It was released by him under the following condition:

Permission to use and/or modify this image is granted provided you acknowledge me [email protected] and The GIMP if someone asks.[9]

I want to use this mascot/logo. well I have sent an email to Larry ewing. Thanks for the reply

linux_org.png

I am professor teaching linux. I am organizing a 2 days workshop on Linux for Btech MCA students. Explaining all aspects of Linux and open source. Can I use linux logo on the certificate i am providing to the the participants.
Send an email to Linux Foundation

Members online