USB mic not working :(

Billyxd_

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone, Im using Kali as my operating system. Im having trouble with my microphone. My Jack 3.5mm microphone from my headset is working fine but my USB mic is showing but I cant manage to make it work. I tried everything. Please help me with that.

Attachments

• micc.png
    micc.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 953

G'day Billyxd, Welcome to Linux.org

Your screenshot shows the microphone as being muted.

On the same line as 'LCSUSB Audio Mono......over on the far right hand side.....there is a RED X

I am unfamiliar with Kali, but there will be a volume control panel somewhere....maybe even click on the red x ?

I tried https://mic-test.com with chrome browser on my ubuntu 18.04 bionic beaver. Strangely the browser detected and recorded my audio but wasn't able to get microsoft teams to detect my mic

As previously said, you can only have one microphone enabled at a time, have you tried the sound settings [usually right click on sound icon]

As previously said, you can only have one microphone enabled at a time, have you tried the sound settings [usually right click on sound icon]
I unplugged all my input devices. My USB mic ( DRELANMIC Mono ) is detected but does not show the input level bar.

I also muted this device called " Áudio Interno Estéreo analógico ( Analog Stereo Internal Audio ) ".

Captura de tela de 2022-02-23 19-05-14.png

I unplugged all my input devices. My USB mic ( DRELANMIC Mono ) is detected but does not show the input level bar.

I also muted this device called " Áudio Interno Estéreo analógico ( Analog Stereo Internal Audio ) ".

View attachment 11877
Oh my god I am having the EXACT same issue! Iǘe a DRELANMIC Mono too, and the same tricks you tried failed for me, letś hope someone comes along and answers this haha

You guys who are literally hijacking an old thread, would do well to start your own threads.

Seeing this thread dates from August 2021, you will likely get more answers/input by starting your own.

One time, when i wasn't using my bluetooth speakers, screwing around with the sound settings worked to activate the TV speakers. There seems to be an across the board issue with the sound kernel in linux operating systems.

And do not use kali unless you're looking to test out penetration testing software, it's not supposed to be a general purpose operating system.

Members online