USB bootable Ubuntu

Hans52

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,
I'm trying to install Linux Ubuntu.
I followed all the steps on the official website.
Now I am left with a USB that has this in it:
1633465888553.png

What do I do now?
I have restarted the pc with the key in it but nothing happens, Windows 10 just boots up normally.
Please help me.

Good evening Hans52 well there are a few parameters involved.

I see EFI so i guess your PC motherboard has uefi firmware; also i'm guessing your CPU is 64 bit.
So can you confirm first , yes you checked your PC is uefi and also 64 bit ?

Next I can't see you giving much information about whats currently on your HS/SSD
Have windows on your pc the force is strong in me tonight, so probably you may or may not.
Now with uefi pc's, a bit tricky, are they, to disable secure boot and at the same time in bios enable legacy boot in order to be able to boot from a usb, you have.

Also from a cold boot ,, to hit the right key to access boot options, you have; for on a h.p f9 is boot option and f10 bios, instance I am. Herh herh herh.

this is a description on boot order from one of my other post
a standard boot order on a computer may look like this..
1]DVD
2]USB
3] Harddrive 1
and so on
this means the boot loader will look first for a bootable DVD then USB then Harddrive
What many makers of lower powered machines made for windows will do is set the boot order
1] Harddrive
2]DVD
3]USB
so the machine will look for a Harddrive first and if it finds one will boot whatever is on it
to permanently change the Boot order you will have to enter the BIOS and do it there,
alternatively you switch off the machine put your iso pendrive in and switch on at the same time jiggling the Short boot key then highlight USB and enter [example on Lenovo this is usually F12 or F1 depending on regional variations]

Members online

Latest posts