usb attached keyboard backlight not working on dell loptop, Manjaro

pajhwak

Reaction score
Credits
I have an external keyboard attached to my dell laptop, its back-lights work correctly when the system is loading to appear for using, after appear the login panel, the keyboard backlight are get turn off. how to solve this problem. the embedded keyboard backlight is work without any problem.

Check you BIOS
Click the + sign next to System Configuration.
Click Keyboard Illumination.
Some BIOSes have an Ambient Light Sensor as well and will shut off keyboard light if light is bright

https://webtrickz.com/how-to-enableturn-on-backlit-keyboard-on-dell-laptops/ ?

It might help to tell us what brand and model of keyboard, what model of Dell laptop.

If you have a gaming keyboard with enough lights for an airport runway, your laptop may not provide enough power to the USB port for continuous use (especially if running laptop on battery). If that's the case, you might try running the keyboard through a powered USB hub to the laptop. Or at least be sure the laptop charger is plugged in while testing.

Also, if you have a gaming keyboard, you may need special drivers for Linux support. But the fact that the backlight flashes on while you are booting is a good sign.

Check you BIOS
Click the + sign next to System Configuration.
Click Keyboard Illumination.
Some BIOSes have an Ambient Light Sensor as well and will shut off keyboard light if light is bright
Thanks for your reply, its seems to solve it with your suggested way. but the changes back to the previous config after the system boot.

https://webtrickz.com/how-to-enableturn-on-backlit-keyboard-on-dell-laptops/ ?

It might help to tell us what brand and model of keyboard, what model of Dell laptop.

If you have a gaming keyboard with enough lights for an airport runway, your laptop may not provide enough power to the USB port for continuous use (especially if running laptop on battery). If that's the case, you might try running the keyboard through a powered USB hub to the laptop. Or at least be sure the laptop charger is plugged in while testing.

Also, if you have a gaming keyboard, you may need special drivers for Linux support. But the fact that the backlight flashes on while you are booting is a good sign.
Thanks, yes it's a gaming keyboard. laptop is Dell e5440

Thanks for your reply, its seems to solve it with your suggested way. but the changes back to the previous config after the system boot.
Most bios have an option to save the configuration after changes are made, generally once changes are made the hit the F10 key to save and exit

Most bios have an option to save the configuration after changes are made, generally once changes are made the hit the F10 key to save and exit
it's clear I saved the changes, yet its back to the previous config. it seems after the keyboard backlight shut on/off in login panel.

I know my backlit Acer is timed to shutoff after a few seconds of inactivity