Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS and now I regret it...

Well, it has been decided - I returned to lovely Windows.

OS has to be the backbone of stuff and not a burden, everyday even several times clicking sudo apt update & sudo apt ugrade -y was enough.
Buut also figuring zillion other issues... I've bore this for 8 months...

Look at this beautiful connection.
Some dmesg output would have been useful to see if there were any error or info messages for your network interface or to have checked your system's syslog for error or info messages about your network interface.

With Windows you don't really get much of a choice when to install your updates and it will ask you to reboot after updates at the most annoying times. It takes longer than 8 months to learn a new os depending how much time you put it into it, it took me about two years before I was fully confident to make a full switch over to Linux and I put a lot of time into it(that was over 10 years ago). You are not required to update your system daily, you can do it once a week, with Windows updates are eventually forced if you don't install them yourself. Also now you have a system that phones home and Microsoft can most likely see most of the things you do on your computer. But whatever works for you, good luck and enjoy your choice!
Code:
speedtest-cli --simple
Ping: 23.366 ms
Download: 482.80 Mbit/s
Upload: 51.65 Mbit/s

Last edited:

Well, it has been decided - I returned to lovely Windows.

OS has to be the backbone of stuff and not a burden, everyday even several times clicking sudo apt update & sudo apt ugrade -y was enough.
Buut also figuring zillion other issues... I've bore this for 8 months...

Look at this beautiful connection.

Thank you for the ideas and your time!

View attachment 14440

I understand the frustration, I've been there myself. Actually, I only really started using Linux about a year ago, and until then I was using mainly Windows.

In the beginning, when I didnt know much about Linux and how it worked, I used to screw it up so bad, that I had to reinstall as it was a little too complex for me to understand how to fix it at that time. But at some point, if you are someone who's is interested in learning, you start to pick up things, and you not longer spend as much time trying to fix a bunch of little things and not really knowing what the problem could be.

I don't think Linux is the problem, it's just a question of figuring out what workflow and distribution works best for you. Also, there's nothing wrong with Windows if that is what you prefer, I still use windows for gaming. Ultimately, the key is to figure out the best OS/Hardware setup that meets your needs.

Members online