updates failing

dfleisch1

Reaction score
Credits
All of a sudden each time I try to update Mint it returns a fail on all files. Is this a repository problem or mine?

which version of mint

No reply!
so reasons mint will not update.
you are using an outdated version of mint which is no longer supported [pre mint 19] [upgrade to latest version]
you are having internet connection problems [check your connection and speed]
There is a server problem from where you are trying to download from [not uncommon] try changing the download mirror you are using. [open update manager, open edit, open software source, select another mirror]. and try again to update
sudo apt update && apt upgrade

I found problem with update, I had to change to a different repository, thank for your help

The more information...the more we can help.
m1504.gif

If you're having update problems...the best thing to do is nothing as the problem will fix itself.
m1212.gif

I changed repositories and updated fine, for whatever reason it did not like the one I was using.

Thanks for your response.
The more information...the more we can help.
m1504.gif

If you're having update problems...the best thing to do is nothing as the problem will fix itself.
m1212.gif

@bob466 He means the mirror site for his updates [they are usually a lot quicker than the direct mint link]

These things......Software Sources

2023-01-23_09-42.png

@Condobloke
is this yours? Then you are using a UK mirror site for your Ubuntu updates, they are a lot quicker than most of the other options, you can change your Mint to a uk mirror as well if it gets too slow,
Im on LMDE thease are mine
Screenshot from 2023-01-22 22-53-28.png

Yes, those are mine.

I find both the uk mirrors and also the default mirrors to quite often be quicker than the australian mirrors.

I find both the uk mirrors and also the default mirrors to quite often be quicker than the australian mirrors.

I don't, as you can see below, and I am only "up the road" from Brian @Condobloke

awdAueu.png

and

WHVBpgf.png

But yes,Brian @Brickwizard - the settings other Brian has shown are the default for a Mint installation in Australia. When first used, the Update Manager asks if you want to switch to a faster mirror.

Wiz

I am only "up the road" from Brian @Condobloke
.....and around a few corners, up & down a couple of hills, across a few rivers/creeks....

I found problem with update, I had to change to a different repository, thank for your help
I was running 20.3 and one of my mirrors was in the UK, I have switched both mirrors to the US , which is where I am at and it all works well, again thanks for the help and I will try to get better at explaining my problems..........at least with linux

One of the first things I do on a clean install is set my mirrors to the fastest ones available and from time to time I'll check if that has changed.
m1213.gif

Sometimes updates are not available and you may get an error...as I said do nothing as it will fix itself. When you change mirrors don't forget to update the cache on both.
m1212.gif

Members online

Latest posts