Updates and Install Problems

alien2love

Reaction score
Credits
I have had Linux for a while, but I have little experience with it. I have Mint 19.1 and I am trying to get to Mint 20. My first problem (before the update) is installing a WIFI card.
I keep getting error message after error message and I have been searching the web for hours trying to get from one fix to another and nothing it working. I added a screen shot of my newest error message that I got while trying to update Mint.

I could use some help with this.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2020-10-04 21-33-44.png
    Screenshot at 2020-10-04 21-33-44.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 298

All of the errors except for the last one say the same thing. Those erros says you have multiple source entrees in your sources(/etc/apt/sources.list.d) which are the same, it also mentions in which files the duplicates are and on which lines(line 1 and 4) in those files the sources are duplicate. Remove the ones duplicate ones and the errors should go away, the last one is just a time out. Looks like I can't reach this source either so this source is most likely off line, remove this source from your sources as well and then all your error should be gone and you should be able to update. Keep in mind packages installed from the offline source will not be updated, it will be a good idea to remove the packages installed from this source or find a different source that is still online with these packages.

Members online

Latest posts