Reaction score
Credits
NOTE FROM WIZARD - MOVED THESE POSTS FROM ANOTHER THREAD

... because it is a valid Thread in its own right

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day, Wizard here :)

Be careful with your volume control, I am working on it :oops:

My first video with Vokoscreen, webcam and miked for sound.

Hope this makes things clear

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris...tried numerous runs at your links but they just don't work for what it's worth.
Doc

Attachments

• Javascript.PNG
    Javascript.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 566
G'day Doc, the links work, the problem is at your end :)

You need Javascript enabled, by the looks of your message.

Are you trying to watch it under Firefox within Linux, or the Internet Browser under Windows 7 (and what is that called?)

I can help you enable it.

Wiz

Hi...I always get to Linux.org thru the Firefox option. I guess I never knew another way in. Thinking about it I think IE (Internet Explorer) is the browser Windows pushes. Truthfully, Chris, in Win7 I opt for StartPage because it is a lot more safe browser.

Please walk me thru how to do what you need me to do. I thought javascript was enabled and that's why I sent you a snippet of the script or coding that appeared when I finally located it. There's so many new things I seem to be encountering. I don't seem to be able to completely deal with one problem because I run into a new hurdle requiring me to learn something else before I can deal with the other problem.
Doc

There's so many new things I seem to be encountering. I don't seem to be able to completely deal with one problem because I run into a new hurdle requiring me to learn something else before I can deal with the other problem.

Hey, take a number and join the club :)

For so many of us whom have endured the slings and arrows of noble misfortune ... that is, using Windows for years :D - coming to Linux? We have a Kansas member, and it's like

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore, Toto

:D

I don't know of StartPage, but I could put it on my Windows 10 perhaps.

Don't worry about all this if you are still up. Try it when you are fresh. The following is me talking to myself :rolleyes:

Now Dick is able to access Windows 18.3 Cinnamon, I'll swing over there shortly and check something or two, and report back from there.

Chris

Thanks Wiiz...us old folks have to stick together (me & others, not you, of course!).

Startpage.com - The world's most private search engine
https://www.startpage.com/en/
Anonymous View
Startpage.com delivers online tools that help you to stay in control of your personal information and protect your online privacy.

Then there's Duck Duck Go. DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified.
https://duckduckgo.com/
Anonymous View
The Internet privacy company that empowers you to seamlessly take control of your personal information online, without any tradeoffs.

Doc

OK, you are getting a little confused here, and I don't blame you :)

in Win7 I opt for StartPage because it is a lot more safe browser.

StartPage is not a Browser, it is a search engine. So are Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft in recent years came up with Bing! (their exclamation mark, not mine). DuckDuckGo has come up well in recent years.

Windows 7 has Internet Explorer as its (internet) Browser, yours is likely version 10, or perhaps version 11.

Firefox is a Browser, and it can be used under Windows or in Linux or Macintosh (Apple). It ships standard with many Linux, including your Linux Mint.

So the question still remains - and I'll make a full screenshot of this from your input - where are you when this error occurs, while you are trying to access my video about Imgur?

In Windows, or in Linux Mint 18.3?

Because it is at that point that we need to check that Javascript is enabled, although we can do it at both.

Sao6oEL.png

Let us know your preference, and we will go from there.

Cheers

Wiz

Good a.m. here, Wiz!

I may have stumbled across the obstacle. I was able to view your entire vid, Wiz...all 8:30 of it. I'll go back over it several times as the audio sounds fuzzy in places. But how neat your effort was for someone like me Wiiz!

The link in your post would not work directly so I copied the link and pasted it into the search bar...took me right there. I'm doing this right now in Win7. I'll go next to the Toshiba and see what happens....well, it came right up in Linux!!!

So am I to assume there's a malfunctioning with my Win7? About a week ago (maybe 2 weeks) this happened with any links in my GMail. They wouldn't function and that's how I discovered to copy/paste of the link to make it work. Also that's why I have all but stopped using GMail and went to Yahoo. Of course, I still don't know what caused that to happen.
Doc

Forgot to include this snippet.

Attachments

• Snip-Wiz.PNG
    Snip-Wiz.PNG
    357.9 KB · Views: 595
Aw, that's great on all counts, Dick, good news :p:):D

So am I to assume there's a malfunctioning with my Win7?

Superman had Kryptonite as his weakness ... if I even try to work out what possible problems there could be with settings under Windows, my brain will be melted down

b_Zo_Rud6_-_Imgur.gif

But there used to be some wonderful folk at https://www.sevenforums.com/ - they were kind to me 5 years ago and as I understand it still are. It will be a Settings issue of some sort, and you may establish a pattern with checking some Youtube videos.

Wiz

O.K. I'm a member of 7Forums from a little while ago. I'll check them out.

Can we now go back to how you would use that internal SSD in this Toshiba? I guess what I'm looking for, Chris, is some type of layout/usage plan for someone like me that wants to just do a few basic things. what would you suggest I do with all of the space I've now got (and more coming) when I replace the internal HDD?

One thing is just how do I direct files/storage to this SSD...I see it's there but how do I make it functional?

Again, thanks for your extreme patience with me!
Doc

Hadn't forgotten, Doc :)

I am going to get to and build that Summary I promised, but it will be at your other Thread, not here. It might take a working day, and then I will get you to check it for accuracy.

With this Thread, I am going to move the Posts of yours and mine that relate to Javascript, or basically, viewing a video posted here, to a new Thread, likely in General Linux.

That will return this Thread to a pristine state, just comprising my first Post.

Cheers

Wizard

SUMMARY

The video Doc was trying to watch was from my Thread here - https://www.linux.org/threads/posting-screenshots-at-this-site-read-this-for-easy-way.21722/

The problem has now been resolved, as you can see, but not entirely to my satisfaction, in terms of the help I was able to give him. Kudos to Doc for getting it working. :)

Both Javascript and Adobe Flash Player or similar are often essential to the viewing of content and the playing of videos, in your Browser.

We are not a Support Forum for Java, nor Adobe, nor even for Browsers such as Mozilla (Firefox), Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi - all of which run on Linux - they have their own Support Forums.

But we will certainly try to help you if the answer is simple, or else refer you onwards and upwards :)

Now I'd better get cracking on that stuff I promised Doc :D

Cheers all, enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online