Unable open certain web pages while using Linux PC (SOLVED)

That is What I run into on my Linux.....
View attachment 12747
And this is from Windows it just makes me thing it is a setting in my Linux

View attachment 12748

I really don't want to go back to Windows I wanted to migrate both computers to Linux but it looks like I might have to install Windows back on my play machine :(

I wonder who decided to call my practice web page a phishing site.. Whatever.

I have an add blocker but it is turned off.

Cheers
Rod
The reason it works in Windows and not on Debian is because Debian does not ship with any propietory codecs. See above.
as @Condobloke said you can install the propritory codecs on debian you need or choose another distro that does not inhibit them.
Or if you want Debian you could download, burn and install the non-free edition which comes with all the codecs pre installed.
found here.

Last edited:

The reason it works in Windows and not on Debian is because Debian does not ship with any propietory codecs. See above.
as @Condobloke said you can install the propritory codecs on debian you need or choose another distro that does not inhibit them.
Or if you want Debian you could download, burn and install the non-free edition which comes with all the codecs pre installed.
found here.
I am not disagreeing with you but I find it hard to understand why I did not have this problem months ago when I was using it with Visual Studio Code and go live with SeaMonkey.

Cheers
Rod

I am trying to load HTML pages from my ISP, works perfect on my Windows base PC but refuses to load any pages on my Linux machine.
The error that is returned is "502 Bad Gateway" I had no issues prior to this. Both computers Linux and Windows 10 are both wired connections to my Router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Rod

Thank you to every body that has tried to help I can Only think that the problem was with a program I loaded or removed.

It would be nice to actually find the problem but most likely it will never happen again.

Anyway backed all my data reformatted and reinstalled the latest version I could find of mx Linux as I am feel at home with it, Mint could be better, when I get more accustomed to Linux I will make the change.

All is good I will mark this as SOLVED

Cheers
Rod