Ugly fonts?

M

Mitt Green

Hi,

I've got somewhat ugly fonts in my Firefox (Iceweasel) and there is the same in Midori, but in Chromium it's fine. Anybody knows, how to fix this? Sometimes it's a bit annoying.

Thanks for all helpers
src1.png
src2.png

I do not know if you are still having problems, but the box-like characters are missing font characters. I wrote an article a few months back that explains what those are and how to fix them - http://www.linux.org/threads/fixing-missing-characters-and-font-issues.7644/
I don't have, on Wheezy I manually removed 100dpi and 75 dpi in /usr/share/fonts/X11, however upgrading these packages (which actually got the contents of these folders back) brought me a fine font experience.

I was only missing characters if I made websites use my custom fonts.

PS. Wow, you have almost 7k packages installed, so huge and bloaty:eek::p.

@Mitt Green , yes, but most of those packages are developer packages and libraries for compiling code and developing code (like Python). I could use Pip to install Python libraries, but if it is in the Ubuntu repos, then I use the repos instead. Plus, some of those packages were installed for various articles. Once the article is written, then I can remove the packages.

Currently, I have about 6000 packages. ~800 being Python-related and ~1000 being developer packages (packages ending with "-dev"). I have many cross-compilers for nearly every architecture and many programming tools and checkers.

Members online