Ufo phenomenon! Clandestine deep black milatary programs or aliens!

smooth_buddha

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys slightly off topic! With the emerging ufo footage released by the pentagon and navy and all the worldwide sightings of disc shaped craft and craft displaying advanced propulsion would love to hear anybodies views on the subject. Whatever you beleive.

I personally think the phenomena we see are top secret advanced us milatary deep black programs that utilize alternate forms of propulsion and technology. They are kept secret because they give the milatary the edge when it comes to the intelligence. as its no secret that the black budget uses trillions of dollars my bet is that that mobeybhas been used to develope quantum computers, artificial intelligence and advanced alternate energy free forms of propulsion. They test various microwave , chemical and biological agents and techologies on the unsespecting public - often leaving people the experience they have had an encouter of the 4th kind!!!!

Thats just my view lol

Hey guys slightly off topic! With the emerging ufo footage released by the pentagon and navy and all the worldwide sightings of disc shaped craft and craft displaying advanced propulsion would love to hear anybodies views on the subject. Whatever you beleive.

I personally think the phenomena we see are top secret advanced us milatary deep black programs that utilize alternate forms of propulsion and technology. They are kept secret because they give the milatary the edge when it comes to the intelligence. as its no secret that the black budget uses trillions of dollars my bet is that that mobeybhas been used to develope quantum computers, artificial intelligence and advanced alternate energy free forms of propulsion. They test various microwave , chemical and biological agents and techologies on the unsespecting public - often leaving people the experience they have had an encouter of the 4th kind!!!!

Thats just my view lol
I've had several sighting when I was younger.

This might be better at reddit than here, but I'll leave it for now.

Conspiracy theories, UFO believers and UFO skeptics, and so on, can get into heated argument, and if so, one of our staff will close it

Cheers

Wizard

If there are aliens who's civilization is far ahead of ours and more advanced with technology being able to travel such distances, they are probably smart enough to know how dumb we are and stay far away from us since they probably have better and more important things to do than to watch a bunch of zoo animals kill each other.

If there are aliens who's civilization is far ahead of ours and more advanced with technology being able to travel such distances, they are probably smart enough to know how dumb we are and stay far away from us since they probably have better and more important things to do than to watch a bunch of zoo animals kill each other.
I guess we really should hope they are not aliens. It would be wrong to assume that such visitors would be benevolent and abide by some startrek non interference rule. It may be that they choose to study, catalog, maybe take some samples... :) Maybe they choose some other path. I think it is likely the phenomenon observed is some state actor out there playing with new technology

I subscribe to the theory that there are so many planets out there, the odds are on at least some having a form of life, how intelligent and how they look, we will not find out in our lifetimes

For the science take on "them", do a web search about "The superpredator" and the "Dangerous to communicate" interpretations of the Fermi paradox. Sci-Fi byproducts of which are "The Dark Forest" and sequels.

Also, another interesting Fermi paradox implication to search about is "The Great filter".

Sources of information about the above, with very good laid out explanations easy to follow, are some Kurzgesagt videos at youtube.

Hmm... I will have to keep this short.

A long, long time ago, seemingly a lifetime away... I was a grad student at a rather prestigious institute of higher learning. I helped some budding astrophysicists (I, a maths major) with a paper discussing the Fermi Paradox and the usefulness thereof.

Now, I'm not quite sure how it came to pass but this somehow got me invited to speak in Roswell, at a conference for "Ufologists." Except, I don't think anyone had actually read the paper - nonetheless understood it.

To me, it was an all-you-can-drink affair, where they'd paid my airfare, lodging, and hospitality bills. Being a responsible-ish adult, I was more or less sober when it was time to take to the stage and give my talk.

In hindsight, I probably should have listened to the previous speakers... I probably should have researched what exactly a ufologist believes in before agreeing to speak at their lovely convention.

Alas, I had not...

So, upon the stage I stood as they played my slides and I gave my talk to a silent audience for a solid 45 minutes, opening the last 15 minutes for discussion and questions.

Now, in my defense, they had obviously not read my work.

See, my paper was about how unlikely it was that we'd been visited by intelligent life from other planets.
It included many metrics, almost all of which made contact with intelligent life less probable. Chief among these reasons was physics, followed by logistics, and then a weighing of metrics to conclude that it was so unlikely that we'd been visited that it wasn't worth consideration.

The first person to take the microphone to ask me a question just called me an a**hole. That set the stage for the remaining comments/questions before the conference leaders decided to pull the plug.

I can only conclude that nobody once read the paper and had maybe just skimmed the abstract? As far as I know, all the other speakers were 'pro contact' theorists.

I was supposed to also be on a panel the following day, where we fielded questions from the audience. They pulled me from that, which meant I had nothing else to do but eat, drink, and hang around Roswell until my flight back on Monday.

Needless to say, they did not invite me back the following year.

Edit: Fixed the vulgarity. Meant to censor that while typing that out, but I was in a hurry and it slipped through. All those in favor of giving me a warning say Aye ('cause it'd mean I'd get a 24 hour break from mod duties!). All those opposed, say Nay.

Last edited:
Hmm... I will have to keep this short.

A long, long time ago, seemingly a lifetime away... I was a grad student at a rather prestigious institute of higher learning. I helped some budding astrophysicists (I, a maths major) with a paper discussing the Fermi Paradox and the usefulness thereof.

Now, I'm not quite sure how it came to pass but this somehow got me invited to speak in Roswell, at a conference for "Ufologists." Except, I don't think anyone had actually read the paper - nonetheless understood it.

To me, it was an all-you-can-drink affair, where they'd paid my airfare, lodging, and hospitality bills. Being a responsible-ish adult, I was more or less sober when it was time to take to the stage and give my talk.

In hindsight, I probably should have listened to the previous speakers... I probably should have researched what exactly a ufologist believes in before agreeing to speak at their lovely convention.

Alas, I had not...

So, upon the stage I stood as they played my slides and I gave my talk to a silent audience for a solid 45 minutes, opening the last 15 minutes for discussion and questions.

Now, in my defense, they had obviously not read my work.

See, my paper was about how unlikely it was that we'd been visited by intelligent life from other planets.
It included many metrics, almost all of which made contact with intelligent life less probable. Chief among these reasons was physics, followed by logistics, and then a weighing of metrics to conclude that it was so unlikely that we'd been visited that it wasn't worth consideration.

The first person to take the microphone to ask me a question just called me an asshole. That set the stage for the remaining comments/questions before the conference leaders decided to pull the plug.

I can only conclude that nobody once read the paper and had maybe just skimmed the abstract? As far as I know, all the other speakers were 'pro contact' theorists.

I was supposed to also be on a panel the following day, where we fielded questions from the audience. They pulled me from that, which meant I had nothing else to do but eat, drink, and hang around Roswell until my flight back on Monday.

Needless to say, they did not invite me back the following year.
wow Speaking at. A conference in roswell ! that must have been an experience !

I agree that the odds we have been visited by intelligent life is quite low.
for me the paradox is that it’s the distance that’s the problem. If the universe is infinite then mathematicalLy there is definate chance other life forms exist, but the question isn’t “if” they exist but rather “when” they exist. even if we knew of intelligent life living On another galaxy the fact they are thousands or millions of light years away , they don’t exist the same time we do in Theory Unless we could instantly transport to that locations light years away,

it always blows my mind that when we look up in the sky at night most of the stars or some of the stars you see have already died and burnt out, it just takes that long for the light to reach us, it appears as though the stars are there but In A way they are not

If the universe is infinite

Fortunately, it's not. It's just REALLY effin' big. There's a finite amount of energy and a finite amount of matter. Those two things can never be created, nor can they ever be destroyed. They also follow the law that is entropy. Without putting more energy into the system, matter (and energy) move to disorder.

So, the universe is finite. Current understanding is that we'll have a heat death or perhaps a 'big rip', but most believe it will be a heat death. The universe is constantly expanding, and with it so is (the distance between) matter. Infinity only exists in pure mathematics and has no bearing on the real world. Which is nice, 'cause thinking about infinity from a mathematical viewpoint is how you end up going insane.

If you have an infinitely long string and cut it in half, how long is it? Well, it's still infinitely long. So, now that you have two lengths of string that are infinitely long, what happens if you tie them together? You still have an infinitely long string. I find these things best not to think about them. Just accept what the smart people have said is true and run with it. At least that way you'll pass your exams.

wow Speaking at. A conference in roswell ! that must have been an experience !

LOL I've spoken at all sorts of things. I've been on television, in papers, on the radio, etc... Until I hired PR staff, I was my company's public face. If I can find an online version (and remember the title), I was even in a documentary about traffic. It was a WGBH show and still during the Big Dig, though nearing the end of the project.

I've even sent employees to speak at DEF CON or to give talks at Black Hat. (We had a lot of data that we needed to keep secure for proprietary reasons.) So, I've attended a ton of conferences, just not spoken at all of them. I've also been out on the sales floor. Somewhere in my collection of 'things to bring back memories', I have a floppy disk given to me by the old man Norton (before he sold and presumably died, he was pretty old at the time - or at least looked it) at a conference or convention.

One of my favorite people, Brian Cox, helped them re-do the song with the actual facts and numbers involved.

Here's one such rendition:

I don't like or trust the government and i don't vote because of it...however, i don't believe in any of these things either, UFO theories have been around for a while and i just haven't seen any compelling evidence of aliens, yet.

I don't like or trust the government and i don't vote because of it...however, i don't believe in any of these things either, UFO theories have been around for a while and i just haven't seen any compelling evidence of aliens, yet.

Oh, there are are countless UFOs. Everything is a UFO until you identify it. UFOs in no way imply aliens, however.

Also... One might view your first statement as pretty darned political. Wiz already has his eyes on the thread.

Aliens exist weather they visited here or not. We are aliens to beings living elsewhere.

Yup... The odds of their being intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is darned near 100%. With numbers that great, it's pretty much a certainty that intelligent life exists (or has existed, or will exist).

Oh, there are are countless UFOs. Everything is a UFO until you identify it. UFOs in no way imply aliens, however.

Also... One might view your first statement as pretty darned political. Wiz already has his eyes on the thread.
I understand but the thread is political, it's all good till we start yelling at each other, nobody has to dislike the government its not a mandate:)

It is indeed a bit political. Wiz took the reins up above. I'm just making sure folks (including you) are aware. I'm actually surprised it has not been locked, but so far everyone has been civil.

I've kept my comments politics-free, inasmuch as possible - 'cause then I'd have to ban myself for 24 hours and take a nice little vacation!

I've always gotten excited when astronomers discover new planets, however I think it's fairly unlikely that we will discover the inevitable aliens or even get comfortable living on other planets considering the incredible vastness of space.

To be honest, I feel that with the fact that our universe is so vast with so many galaxies, planets, stars that based on mathematics and probability, I feel like there has to be some life outside of our planet. I don't know how advanced that life is, but I'd like to think that there could be civilization that are either same level as us, lower than us or higher than us... I think that if we base the levels of civilization on Kardashev Scale, I'd think there's a potential for type 2 civilization, but that's about it...

There's also the multiverse theory, and that can drag you down another potential path of discovery... but I don't know anything, just speculating and some beliefs!

Members online