Ubuntu - Where is my WD MyCloud in FileZilla

PennineAcute

Reaction score
Credits
I have been playing around with Ubuntu for a couple of months (but class myself as a Noob), decided I liked it and now have a fresh installation of Ubuntu18.04.

I can access my WD MyCloud through files, but I want to download straight to MyCloud using FileZilla. At the moment, I am having to download to my computer hard disk and then copy them over to MyCloud. Surely I must be able to get FileZilla to acknowledge my MyCloud.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

As much as I know FireZilla use ftp or protocol, maybe you have to turn to this search?
I mean there is possibility WD Cloud to use another way for searing files.

Check if your server supports connecting with FTP or SFTP and apply accordingly. There are default port values, FTP uses 21 and SFTP uses 22. I hope what I'm answering to is not irrelevant.

Last edited:
@CptCharis Indeed! Been quite busy! Made me drop the dual booting stuff entirely after some tries, looking to find an old machine to test to my heart's content at some point. :|

To the point, maybe it's not a server wide setting but a subdomain thing. I might be talking bullshit though, kind of inept on those things.

Staff online

Members online