Ubuntu server goes black on VirtualBox and requires setup all over again

Z

Zilani

Hey, i'm new to linux. I've installed ubuntu alongside windows and worked perfectly. Then I was trying to have a taste on other distros using virtualbox(4.2.36).I was trying to setup ubuntu server ( as well as android 4.4 they both have same problem) on virtualbox. The first problem encountered was having no option to chose 64 bit processor but I solved it and was able to start the installation process. Setup process finishes very well but after that all i can see is just a black screen with nothing happening. When i close the machine and restart it the installation process starts all over again. This seems to be a problem with virtualbox but i'm wondering if anyone have a solution.... I know I have a big problem asking questions clearly. ...apology for that... :)

Are you removing the install image from virtualbox after you install?
I never knew I'm such a stupid.... :( ... removed image and worked fine. android 4.4 had the problem of blacking out and I just remembered that I needed to perform an ACPI shutdown not closing the machine...... I'm such a crap...:confused: btw... thanks for answering ...:)

I never knew I'm such a stupid.... :( ... removed image and worked fine. android 4.4 had the problem of blacking out and I just remembered that I needed to perform an ACPI shutdown not closing the machine...... I'm such a crap...:confused: btw... thanks for answering ...:)
Your welcome. ;) Let us know if you have other issues.