Ubuntu on Raspberry pi4 issues and fixes.

NORD

Reaction score
Credits
So here I go I installed Ubuntu on a separate SD card bot it booted up and signed in by key board.
Go to type in FireFox no key board only mouse long story short the fix is to simple well at least for me.
Back to the log on screen type in user name then you see a sprocket icon lower right corner click it switch to Xorg.com haha ! Who knows why this has to be done but there it is! Happy computing

Oh by the way I typed this on Ubuntu Pi4 .
This OS has a few things that need to be fixed but it's still running great on a 64gb SD.
Love the fact I can have multipe windows open and hit the super window key and it doe awesome things lol!

still can't stream netflix nor google play/youtube purchased items. figured out the sound issue and regular youtube works great .

Hmm... Maybe this?

Streaming these days may require proprietary codecs or other security measures that aren't on the Pi's CPU.

I'm just spitballing, but that may be an issue and one that can't be rectified by you personally. (At least probably not. It'd require some very advanced understanding and more.)

The stream wants to have some sort of secure channel that's meant to keep it from being intercepted and captured - an anti-piracy measure. It requires a specific instruction set to be enabled on the CPU, the details of which I haven't bothered learning.

Heck, some won't work with Linux at all. Peacock (streaming service) springs to mind as a good example. Netflix didn't work on Linux for a while, as they were using Microsoft's "Silverlight", as another example.

Again, I'm speculating.

I'm also assuming your browser has the proprietary codecs/media settings enabled.

I think a lot of it has to do with h.264 codec mozilla just refuses it and I can't figure out how to get Chromiun. Ubuntu raspberry pi4

G'day Mate, I know next to nothing about codecs, but a search on Google under

h.264 codec mozilla

showed some promise

It seems there are proprietary licence restrictions on h.264, but one of the links referred to an extension or plugin for Firefox called OpenH264

Do you have access to that?

Cheers

Wiz