Ubuntu Installation Help Needed

chinmay

Reaction score
Credits
I would like to install Ubuntu without losing Windows drive data.
Here's my Window 10 Setup:
C Drive (SSD 250GB) [Wherein installed Windows 10]
D Dive (2TB Data)

I can fully format the C drive. Once I install Ubuntu's latest OS, can I get D drive access? Or I'll lose all data of drive D?

In D drive, I have important Softwares, photos, games, and data (.EXE and windows format files). Will I lose it?

Is there any option or way to install Ubuntu without losing it?

I'm already using LibreOffice, 7Zip, GIMP, etc. I'm not using any Windows software anymore. Hence, I would like to move on permanently in the Linux world.

1) Ubuntu will only go into the partition that you decide. It will not eat up everything. Windows does that, not Linux.
2) You could keep BOTH Windows and Ubuntu by dual-booting.
3) If you are determined to put solely Ubuntu on C you could temporarily disconnect D to make absolutely sure you do not touch it. That method was suggested by Pendrivelinux.com. https://www.pendrivelinux.com/ubuntu-804-usb-hard-drive-install/
4) You may not be able to use SOME Windows .exe files. Linux can use Wine, PlayOnLinux, Crossover etc. but it is not infallible.

1) Ubuntu will only go into the partition that you decide. It will not eat up everything. Windows does that, not Linux.
2) You could keep BOTH Windows and Ubuntu by dual-booting.
3) If you are determined to put solely Ubuntu on C you could temporarily disconnect D to make absolutely sure you do not touch it. That method was suggested by Pendrivelinux.com. https://www.pendrivelinux.com/ubuntu-804-usb-hard-drive-install/
4) You may not be able to use SOME Windows .exe files. Linux can use Wine, PlayOnLinux, Crossover etc. but it is not infallible.

Where can I store windows data for future reference? Is there any option to keep it safe in Ubuntu somewhere!?

Members online

Latest posts