Ubuntu 22.10 released today

dos2unix

Reaction score
Credits

I was gonna say, I wrote this yesterday (when I got a notification, so folks heard it here first).

But...

It got deleted. I didn't think to re-post it last night when we came back online.

Also, Ubuntu Unity is now officially an official Ubuntu flavor. I think this is their first interim release.

I'll add another, as I see a Canonical & Lubuntu announcement already, so I'll add a Ubuntu Community announcement

Ubuntu 22.10, codenamed “Kinetic Kudu”, is here. This release continues Ubuntu’s proud tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution. The team has been hard at work through this cycle ....

It's main benefit is the many links, which include links to all flavors (two clicks away though), upgrade instructions (inc. flavors) and more.

This is a fridge (Ubuntu News & more) notice which is mostly the official mailing list notice formatted (hopefully a little better)

I don't suppose anyone has leaked the next codename?

I know we're taking the weekend off, but I am always curious.

Nah.. at least I've not seen anything official (unofficial is usually incorrect if it's before the official stuff). I'd also not looked this morning (aargh, it's arvo already!), but a quick glance and I see nothing has been setup (yet).

One of the first places it shows is a bug report which is used to setup the repositories for it to allow for development. I loiter in #ubuntu-bugs-announce and a quick scan since I turned this box on & I see nothing official.

Traditionally about 30 hours (average) post-release I'd bump my primary box from stable back to development, which means mid-late Saturday arvo my local time. It's already Sunday and I couldn't do that even if I wanted to (and not just as my primary box won't turn on due to dead PSU) as it's currently impossible. This time six months ago though I couldn't either, as kinetic codename wasn't known.

If it's like last cycle (kinetic) we may not know until tonight (my local time, 6-8 hours) or tomorrow morning (16-20 hours) but I'm pulling those times from the air (ie. guess based on prior cycles, esp. kinetic).

Weekend off??? I take my Lubuntu hat off & all I find is the Ubuntu hat underneath.. Weekends are busy Ubuntu News wise, esp. post-release.... Oh to be lucky & only have a single hat ! ;)

Weekend off??? I take my Lubuntu hat off & all I find is the Ubuntu hat underneath.. Weekends are busy Ubuntu News wise, esp. post-release.... Oh to be lucky & only have a single hat ! ;)

LOL I am going to enjoy my weekend off. While I am an Ubuntu Member, I really only do Lubuntu-stuff. I'm rapidly climbing the 'all time' testing ladder, so you can tell that I've been pretty busy.

Well, no... Not as busy as you are. You're pretty much a machine!

Now that I think about it, one of the last couple of releases didn't have a code name for a bit. I'll keep an eye out anyhow. Someone's bound to tell me.

I'm rapidly climbing the 'all time' testing ladder, so you can tell that I've been pretty busy.
Yeah I know that.. 237 I think (from memory; a figure like that anyway) 226 kinetic QA-tests performed... which is impressive & achieved extremely consistently.

My live testing is a fraction of what it used to be, as I know you've got that extremely well covered. Nah I haven't looked at the all-time rankings in ages as haven't had a need (or interest). I do peek somewhat regularly at the current milestones during a cycle though, those I find more interesting & helpful (even outside of Lubuntu purposes, eg. Ubuntu Testing Week etc too).

The last time I looked at the figure was I noticed someone write a long thankful post somewhere and not mention someone, and thus wanted a verifiable fact to jog that persons memory, so they could hopefully fix their omission....

I know you've got that extremely well covered.

Two tests pretty much every day, sometimes more if I catch a point release like 17.1 or something. I've got it covered for the foreseeable future.

I'm up to twenty-something in the all-time list. There are some folks still doing tons of testing, which means I'll not catch up with them until they stop. From watching the daily tracker, Lubuntu is often the best-tested flavor.

Anyhow, the break is nice. I'm not at burn-out stage, but I do appreciate the break. I know... I can take a break any time I want - and I sometimes skip tests earlier on in the build process, but someone's gotta test it and it might just as well be me. I like the meticulous nature of live testing.

Members online