Ubuntu 22.04 cannot connect to Eduroam

I have an update for this topic, I recently reinstalled my work laptop with Ubuntu 22.04. I am at work today and I remembered this topic and we have Eduroam here. So I ran the Eduroam configuration tool successfully after which I selected the Eduroam Wifi connection, it connected successfully and I was able to browse the web.

The interesting thing is that the bug does not exist in Arch or Manjaro. In Manjaro, I had trouble installing broadcom-wl, so I will probably opt for Arch on this laptop. It is still very curious. Ubuntu, Fedora and openSUSE seem to have taken some security measures, and those are backfiring at us. It's not that these distros did anything wrong of course. It's still the shittiness of IT department in Poznan. I contacted them saying "It does not work on Ubuntu 22.04. It worked on 21.10. Can you fix this?" Because wifi did not work, I had to switch to Arch because I had to do homework. It guy's response was like "It seems that you are already able to connect to the internet. So, you're lying saying you cannot connect. We won't do anything about it." I was so pissed at those idiots. I mean, if your web page says that you support an OS, you'd better support it and keep your system certificates up to date.

I've been using Arch Linux for a while now. I recently switched to 22.04 because I thought it was cool. However, I have a problem. My wireless works just fine. I've been using Eduroam here in dormitory for a while too. It seems that some Linux distros have a problem of identification with Eduroam network. Right now, I am at Adam Mickiewicz University.

ubuntu_ew03.png

This is how we are supposed to configure the network although the network certificate never works and saying "No CA certificate is required" seems to work on other distros.
Besides this I can't help noticing that I made a critical analysis of this problem and yet I didn't manage to find the problematic source, this led me into error and now I don't even know what I could do, besides this I as a technical college student did a writing on this topic, by the way it helped me a lot https://phdessay.com/essay-type/critical/ because here is writing about critical and this really had a big influence on my analysis that I did for college. I actually think the problem would be the update, but I'm not sure, this really is strange, because I know this is done to improve the application, and in my case this resulted in several errors, I hope and believe that soon this will be solved because otherwise I won't be able to work. And for me this really is a problem because this is my first job and I wouldn't want to disappoint the anagager.
Code:
eronis@eronis-MacBookAir:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-bcm43.conf
# Warning: This file is autogenerated by bcmwl. All changes to this file will be lost.
blacklist b43
blacklist b43legacy
blacklist ssb
blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist brcm80211
blacklist brcmfmac
blacklist brcmsmac
blacklist bcma
eronis@eronis-MacBookAir:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
# This file lists those modules which we don't want to be loaded by
# alias expansion, usually so some other driver will be loaded for the
# device instead.

# evbug is a debug tool that should be loaded explicitly
blacklist evbug

# these drivers are very simple, the HID drivers are usually preferred
blacklist usbmouse
blacklist usbkbd

# replaced by e100
blacklist eepro100

# replaced by tulip
blacklist de4x5

# causes no end of confusion by creating unexpected network interfaces
blacklist eth1394

# snd_intel8x0m can interfere with snd_intel8x0, doesn't seem to support much
# hardware on its own (Ubuntu bug #2011, #6810)
blacklist snd_intel8x0m

# Conflicts with dvb driver (which is better for handling this device)
blacklist snd_aw2

# replaced by p54pci
blacklist prism54

# replaced by b43 and ssb.
blacklist bcm43xx

# most apps now use garmin usb driver directly (Ubuntu: #114565)
blacklist garmin_gps

# replaced by asus-laptop (Ubuntu: #184721)
blacklist asus_acpi

# low-quality, just noise when being used for sound playback, causes
# hangs at desktop session start (Ubuntu: #246969)
blacklist snd_pcsp

# ugly and loud noise, getting on everyone's nerves; this should be done by a
# nice pulseaudio bing (Ubuntu: #77010)
blacklist pcspkr
# EDAC driver for amd76x clashes with the agp driver preventing the aperture
# from being initialised (Ubuntu: #297750). Blacklist so that the driver
# continues to build and is installable for the few cases where its
# really needed.
blacklist amd76x_edac
eronis@eronis-MacBookAir:~$

I have a Broadcom BCM43224 card for wireless.

View attachment 12280

Ubuntu has installed this driver automatically. I do not know what the issue is, but 21.10 used to work just fine with this Eduroam wifi. I do not know what's going on. My password is correct. I also have connected using the same steps on Arch already. Do you have any idea of what is going on?
I have exactly the same problem, it is interesting that this happened right after the update, has this been resolved or not yet?

As this thread is old, you'd probably be better off starting your own new thread.

It might seem a bit counterintuitive, but doing so means we're not pinging people's emails when they're no longer frequenting the site.

Alas, I'm not sure how much help we can be. If you search for "Eduroam", you'll find a variety of threads that don't have successful conclusions.

I have exactly the same problem, it is interesting that this happened right after the update, has this been resolved or not yet?
I do not know if your distro solved this issue or not. I could not connect to eduroam from Ubuntu or Fedora when I returned my country as well. So it was not something related to Poland. If I remember correctly, it's because of how some distros configure their SSL security or something. Arch does not have this issue. The problem is about web certificates and admins' persistence in refusing to update things which breaks Linux. Every other OS works fine.

"You are one of few using this OS. It works fine on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. So, use what everybody else uses I guess?"

Umm... Have I mentioned the fact that a lot of these networks use outdated protocols may or may not cause a security issue?

Members online