Ubuntu 22.04 cannot connect to Eduroam

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I have an update for this topic, I recently reinstalled my work laptop with Ubuntu 22.04. I am at work today and I remembered this topic and we have Eduroam here. So I ran the Eduroam configuration tool successfully after which I selected the Eduroam Wifi connection, it connected successfully and I was able to browse the web.

OP
eronis

eronis

Reaction score
Credits
The interesting thing is that the bug does not exist in Arch or Manjaro. In Manjaro, I had trouble installing broadcom-wl, so I will probably opt for Arch on this laptop. It is still very curious. Ubuntu, Fedora and openSUSE seem to have taken some security measures, and those are backfiring at us. It's not that these distros did anything wrong of course. It's still the shittiness of IT department in Poznan. I contacted them saying "It does not work on Ubuntu 22.04. It worked on 21.10. Can you fix this?" Because wifi did not work, I had to switch to Arch because I had to do homework. It guy's response was like "It seems that you are already able to connect to the internet. So, you're lying saying you cannot connect. We won't do anything about it." I was so pissed at those idiots. I mean, if your web page says that you support an OS, you'd better support it and keep your system certificates up to date.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online