Ubuntu 20.04

yusuf5036

Credits
I recently switched from windows 10 to ubuntu 20.04. The first day was fine but the issue started from second day itself. The screen started to flicker (display random white screens) during shut down/boot.

The next day i tried to boot the problem was still present. Assuming it to be a hardware problem i opened up my lcd panel cleaned up a bit and some how it was fixed.

It did not had any issue when i kept in sleep mode but at night when i tried to shut it down everything was normal until the last moment and the screen started flickering again. I tried to boot up the system right away but it was still flickering.

I am new to linux so i dont have any idea what is going on. Please provide with a detailed answer.

I assume it to be a software issue becauase the flickering occurs only on certain moments.

I use 4 yrs old Lenovo G50-80,intel core i3, on intel graphics.

jglen490

Credits
There's a really neat command line utility that will show lots of good, basic info on your system hardware and software
Code:
inxi -Fxxx
If Ubuntu did not install the product initially, it's an easy install - again from the command line.
Code:
sudo apt install inxi
You'll be prompted to enter your password, and then it will install the inxi package and a few supporting packages.

Condobloke

Credits
There's a really neat command line utility that will show lots of good, basic info on your system hardware and software
We need info....that command will supply the info

Condobloke

Credits
check for loose connections

can you plug into a different power outlet ?

Ravel12

Credits
If it flickers even at the bootup logo of laptop or bios, your lcd panel or graphics card chip is a goner. Else find a Linux live usb and test if it boots.

Latest posts