Ubuntu 20.04 64 bits how install PS3 controller driver and remove qtsixa ?

Okay, so I looked at the PS3 controller linux info. Seems everything's in mainline kernel now. So you only have to do the following:
0. Clear all your settings to remove any conflicts from previous sessions (optional, I would)
1. Make your bluetooth vissible permanently.
2. Plug controller in via USB.
3. Trust it when prompted (while it is plugged in). Prompt will be graphical if you have something like blueman installed, else it should prompt in the intetactive shell (if it does not, manually trust it)
4. Unplug it and wait a few secs.
5. Press the pairing button on the PS3 control and it should work fine.

Okay, so I looked at the PS3 controller linux info. Seems everything's in mainline kernel now. So you only have to do the following:
0. Clear all your settings to remove any conflicts from previous sessions (optional, I would)
1. Make your bluetooth vissible permanently.
2. Plug controller in via USB.
3. Trust it when prompted (while it is plugged in). Prompt will be graphical if you have something like blueman installed, else it should prompt in the intetactive shell (if it does not, manually trust it)
4. Unplug it and wait a few secs.
5. Press the pairing button on the PS3 control and it should work fine.

Thank you very much I tried to reset my system and ended up corrupting it all. Lol I installed from scratch and just tried again. I downloaded the hidapi in synaptics, but it didn't work. I think I'm going to change the Joystick this time.

Hi, I've been having the same problem since about the time this thread started.

I tried everything too, including compiling alternative versions of the sixaxis drivers, etc. No luck. I have messed up the whole Bluetooth system so I reinstalled a new Xubuntu copy and tried the steps above but still no luck.

I believe this might be an incompatibility with how some P3 controllers (DualShock clones) work.

Last thing I remember, I used a Bluetooth sniffer to check what's going on with the packages since it always just disconnects after a few seconds and its impossible to pair.

Edit: BTW the controllers do work fine for the very few seconds they're connected. I just checked in the gtk calibration app.

I can't be more specific but I remember one end was requesting something and the other end wasn't providing it, therefore the connection expiring.

If I got this right, I believe there should be some way to work around the issue for these clones, specially if we check how the packages interchange takes place with a working controller.

My next step now would be to try with an original Sony controller and see what's going on with the packages. Unfortunately I only have a faulty one that won't charge and it will be a while before I can swap the battery to try this.

Can the others confirm they're using clones too?

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts