Ubuntu 13.04 Problems

M

Mary Abbott

Greetings all,

I do not know where exactly the problem is with 13.04 Raring Ringtail, but when using the default 'Ubuntu' desktop environment (at least that's when I've noticed it most) there is a serious error that keeps popping up. I have reported this error a few times, as I am sure many others have...if they had problems. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7280, AMD Quad 2.00Ghz Radeon 5200 APU. Currently have Windows 7 Pro but do not have full functionality on everything so I am going to remove as soon as I get Linux stable. The laptop came with Windows 8 and 8.1 was available for upgrade, but I wanted to check out Linux (sounded awesome) but a conflict of some kind took place and Windows 8 was completely wiped out (all steps were followed to make it work, but it didn't), do not know why. In BIOS menu there are two BIOS options UEFI and CSM (selected). Currently there is no UEFI-based OS on the machine, only Win7Pro and Linux Ubuntu 13.04 which is not stable. Going to try downgrading back to 12.04 or 12.10 if there is one. Really would appreciate any information on 13.04 that could help me get everything working properly or if there is a different distribution that I should use.

Can you be more specific as to what the serious error is? Log files excerpts or other information would be helpful in trying to figure out what is going on.

It's ok, I think it was my fault. I had added Gnome desktop environment and I think it didn't like it. Anyway, did a fresh install with 13.04 and upgraded to 3.10 kernel for wireless. So far no error message. Thanks anyway grim76!

You can install ubuntu 14.04. Errors will not show

It's ok, I think it was my fault. I had added Gnome desktop environment and I think it didn't like it. Anyway, did a fresh install with 13.04 and upgraded to 3.10 kernel for wireless. So far no error message. Thanks anyway grim76!
13.04 is no longer supported by Canonical. It is recommended you upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 which is an LTS. It has support for 5 years. With Linux Kernel 3.13 by default.

Members online

Latest posts