Two rsync, one in screen and Linux networking start lagging

P

postcd

RESOLVED, I DROPPED THIS SERVER I NO LONGER HAVE IT.

Im facing strange issue with my Redhat CentOS 5.11 64bit. (it has OpenVZ kernel: 2.6.18-398.el5.028stab116.1)

When connect server via SSH and run one rsync in Linux "screen", it is ok for some time. But when i run second rsync (from same server like first rsync, other directory), no matter if that second rsync is in screen or directly, it start immediatelly lagging. (commands are typed with seconds delay and transfer speed from internet is a few tens of kilobytes). I need to reboot server in order networking is fixed. Here is ps auxf: http://pastebin.com/mqB8P4rx and here is mtr:
xJntK.jpg

(above mtr and ps auxf are done after server start lagging after i stopped rsyncs and temrinated screen/s)

When i run that one or two rsync from two separate SSH sessions, it downloads quickly and no issue for some minutes, but then no meter if im running just single rsync (non screen mode), it start lagging after some time so i need to reboot.

Please anyone have idea on how to debug this issue cause? im linux noob, thx

Last edited:

You could look at what speed is NIC configured/paired with the switch (speed and duplex settings) "ethtool <nic>", and also at "iostat" stats, CPU/Memory and hard disk usage while rsync is running.

Members online