Turn on RGB Keyboard lights

Alake

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

So I've finally got tired of the windows garbage everything and made the leap to linux.

Im very happy with everything apart from one specific thing, I cannot enable my keyboard lights, ive googled and tried pretty much every resolution that I could find to no avail, im not Jeff bezos so I cant afford decent or "popular" periferals that's why I'm stuck with an aliexpress keyboard, so for example openrgb does not work with it.

Honestly I don't care that the function buttons don't work or if I don't have a fancy rgb layout, all I want is to have a back-lit keyboard so I can actually see what I'm pressing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited:

which distribution and build are you using

For my Logitech keyboard I use g810-led and for my Corsair keyboard I use ckb-next.

RGB can be a problem if your device is not supported by openrgb or another project, can you at least share the output of the following so that we can see what usb device the keyboard actually is?
Code:
lsusb

For my Logitech keyboard I use g810-led and for my Corsair keyboard I use ckb-next.
I use ckb-next for my keyboard as well and openrazer/polychromatic for my razer mouse.

I have had a scour through various forums, cant find any definitive help

Staff online

Members online