TrueCrypt question

E

ehansen

I normally don't post questions, but thought I'd bring this up to the community here.

For those of you who have used TrueCrypt (preferably 7.0 and up), is it possible to resize a file container without basically overwriting it? I know it's not possible naitively, but am hoping there's some tool or something out there that'll let me do it (most preferably from the CLI). It'd make the job at hand a lot easier and am not looking forward to writing it myself.

I know there is/was a Windows tool to do this but Wine is not an option for me.

Some say there is extcv software for this purpose, you can see more details in a discussion made, in wilderssecurity forum there's a discussion about this, try post in google TrueCrypt resize a file

Some say there is extcv software for this purpose, you can see more details in a discussion made, in wilderssecurity forum there's a discussion about this, try post in google TrueCrypt resize a file

Thanks. :) Though I ended up finding that a better route to go with is using mcrypt as it offers both compression and encryption without any overhead like a header (see TrueCrypt containers).

Members online