Touchscreen XY Axis

willyum

Reaction score
Credits
I am running Fedora 32 Cinnimon on a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga which is a flip screen convertible laptop. The touchscreen functions work just fine in normal orientation. Also, when the screen is flipped and/or rotated the desktop image also flips or rotates as it should, but the touch controls do not. For instance, in normal orientation, the Fedora Menu is in the upper left corner. When rotated 90 deg the menu icon moves to the new upper left position, but to activate it, I must touch the upper right corner. Also, scrolling functions, after rotation, are left and right = up and down and up and down = left and right. This also applies to mouse controls.

I have spent a bit of time looking around for possible answers and recently came across this article about Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Calibration. The article addresses "changing the swap_xy=X parameter in /etc/modules". Is this, in any way, relevant to my situation. If so, do you have any suggestions on how to do it on my system. I do not see "/etc/modules" in the system files.

I have looked at:
Code:
xrandr --help
and
Code:
xsetwacom --help
I don't see anything that looks like it might help, but my CL knowledge is limited.

Follow-up: How about this website? The Configuration Details section looks like it might apply.

Last edited:

Staff online