Touchpad does not work on Solus

ARios Projekt

Reaction score
Credits
Before I start explaining my issue, I want to apologize for not asking for help in a smart way, I did a research on my own but I did not find the solution so far.

I'm trying with linux since September 2019, to be honest because I read a lot about Solus, anything I read on internet is something good about it, in general. I tried it but the touchpad did not work, I thought it was the distro itself so I installed Manjaro meanwhile I figure it out..

My notebook is a HP 240G5, its touchpad is an Elantech.

It is kind of random, on Manjaro running Mate, XFCE or KDE it works as it is suppoused to, but if I try the one with Budgie, it does not work. Somehow Linux MX has the same issue, but it does not make sense because is XFCE, so I thought: "Oh well, is a Debian thing" but Solus has nothing to do with Debian.

I do not think is a kernel problem, since it is working on Manjaro... What could it be and how can I fix it?

Well, I just installed Solus Plasma and it works like a charm.

I think is something about GTK, because I had that issue with MX Linux too... To be honest I prefer KDE Plasma than any DE so I do not need a fix for it, but I am curious for the reason of that issue I had.

I think it has to do more with the default kernel the OS has more then anything else

Staff online

Members online