Total Linux Newbie.. Need help setting up network

Got this on the reload command
FE81F4CD-575A-449C-84AE-0D14966AF319.jpeg

My bad it should have been with sudo, so try these again.
Code:
sudo nmcli connection reload
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

Can you just reboot your system and then share the output of the following again?
Code:
ip a
ip route

Reactions: LMW
It's still not showing what I'm expecting, can you just use the graphical network manager GUI, remove the connection and then add the wireless connection again?

It's still not showing what I'm expecting, can you just use the graphical network manager GUI, remove the connection and then add the wireless connection again?
So sorry I left you hanging on that message… kids lol.
I did remove the connection and added it again, no luck

I truly appreciate the help, I think I will contact the seller on Monday and see if they can help me troubleshoot. I will try and remember to come back and update if I get it sorted out

I think there is something different in your network setup that I am not aware of or something else because the standard way of connecting to a wireless network should result your system to get an ip adress and a gateway. With your system it's getting an ip but not a gateway, I just thought of that we could try adding adding a network configuration manually but than I would have to know the network information of your network. My guess it would be something like this.
Code:
Network: 10.10.10.1
Gateway: 10.0.0.1
Subnetmask: 255.0.0.0(aka /8)
We can still try it, I will post later today what commands to run to manually configure an ip adress for you.

Remove the current connection and then create a new connection from the terminal.
sudo nmcli connection add con-name daemon ifname wl2ps0 ipv4.method manual connection.autoconnect yes connection.type 802-11-wireless.mode infrastructure 802-11-wireless-security.key-mgmt wpa-psk 802-11-wireless 802-11-wireless-security.psk "YourNetworkPassword" 802-11-wireless-security.auth-alg open 802-11-wireless-security.psk ipv4.method manual ipv4.addresses 10.10.10.1/8 ipv4.gateway 10.0.0.1 ipv4.dns 10.10.10.1
sudo nmcli connection reload
Then reboot and if you can then share the output of the following again.
Code:
ip a
ip route
If that doesn't work we create try changing the security method and password type but it's kind of a long shot as long as we don't know what security method your wireless network is using.

Members online

Latest posts