Tor Service

scooper08

Reaction score
Credits
Very much a beginner here, so thank you in advance for understanding!
I have the Backbox distribution, and wondering about the Tor service. Starting the service from command-line: what exactly does this do, and is it the same as downloading / using the Tor browser? Thank you.

I have the Backbox distribution, and wondering about the Tor service. Starting the service from command-line: what exactly does this do, and is it the same as downloading / using the Tor browser? Thank you.

I dont have lots of experience with this , but the tor service is to be used in conjunction with the tor browser i think. Its also advisable to use a vpn too (one that accepts tor traffic).

It can depend on what you are wanting to achieve anonymity wise. There is also proxychains which can be used in conjucntion with tor however this will make the connection slower.

Thank you very much for the reply! Doing some more reading on this, think I have a (better) understanding. I do have a VPN, so not sure I necessarily need TOR browser anyway.
Thanks again for your time : )

Latest posts