Today's article was written (and kinda edited) while very, very intoxicated.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I've had this 'thing' languishing. I finally decided to hit the publish buttons, and scheduled it for publication today.

It's a horrible article - but there are some good points in it. So, I judged it unfixable and finally just hit the publish buttons when I decided I wanted a day off.

You have been warned.

I'm not so sure feedback is gonna help anything this time around.

I kind of like drunk, ranting KGIII.

It really is a shame, that we can't do anything that requires an IP without giving up some online privacy. Heck, just turning on your PC registers you to your router, and your ISP most likely controls that. I use DuckDuckGo, but I know the only thing private about DDG is the searches themselves, and not the actual searched links I click ... because the ISP sees it all. I don't even trust that supposedly private VPNs are truly private and secure.

But, (sigh) this is the world we're in. We can be a Stallman, and I respect the man for what he stands for, but that must be exhausting. Pieces of me must be given away for the sake of convenience, and more extremely, just to live life online.

I've long since established that I'm not all that private. Just from what I've said here, one could trivially find me in the real world. Meh... I'm okay with that. It's better than it was, for one fairly brief period of my life.

I'm not a very big RMS fan, though he does have a terrible habit of being correct. I just can't agree with his solutions, as I am not a zealot. I could probably add more to the subject, but some things are best left in the past, if even for my own sake.

Staff online

Members online